Hello all, newb from Scotland here

Hi, I’m Pete from just outside Glasgow and just got myself a new toy. Primarily interested in drones as an adjunct to my photography, lots of places I’d like to photograph but are either inaccessible or beyond my aged bodies capabilities:grinning:

Just took the toy for a very brief spin round the garden and both it and me seemed to have survived intact

6 Likes

Hi Pete, and welcome to Grey Arrows!

Glad you could join us :smiley:

Equally as glad that you both survived the maiden voyage :blush:

Lots of people here are also in to photography, so you’re not alone on that hobby either :+1:t2:

1 Like

Think the weather is going to limit my activity for a few days, so much to learn! I was into RC models many years ago, they were simple, you built them, flew them then glued the pieces back together :joy:

1 Like

Hello and welcome @pete.mcarthur

1 Like

Hi Pete, welcome to the fold of the best Drone Forum in the UK !.
Lots of enthusiastic members here to help you on the road to drone heaven.

1 Like

Hi Pete,
Welcome to the club.

I don’t know if you noticed the photography section, but it is amazing and very inspiring.

Enjoy the forum!

1 Like

Hi Pete / @pete.mcarthur, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own a MP/MPP … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Thanks for that! There is a lot of the forum to read. I’m having some difficulty getting my location in, doesn’t seem to have any locations near me, tried pasting in the exact wording from open street map but that doesn’t seem to work. If anyone has any hints I’d be great full.

1 Like

Where are you “just outside Glasgow”?

1 Like

Hi and welcome Pete, to the family.

1 Like

I’m in Kirkintilloch

Doesn’t seem like it should be a problem?

Well that’s just weird, I don’t get the drop down. Tried it on a couple of different browsers with the same, lack of results. The best I can get is Glasgow. Maybe it’s an iPad thing, will try it on the laptop.

1 Like

Let me know if that doesn’t work and I’ll sort it out.

1 Like

Well just don’t understand this one, tried it now on an iPad, mac and a PC and get the same result, an abject failure. I do see a list when I start typing, mostly places in Eastern Europe put by the time I enter Kirki, nothing… I get similar results when I try nearby places, the closest I can get to my location is Glasgow

I don’t get a dropdown between typing “Kirk” until I complete “Kirkintilloch” … then it appears.

1 Like

Mystery solved! I was typing in and let autocomplete do it’s job, the thing about that is that it automatically adds a space… Delete the space and the drop down appears. I’ve been working with IT and computers for more than 30 years and they still can bite you!

Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

Cool! Glad it’s sorted. I’ll remember that for anyone else expressing similar frustration. :+1:

1 Like