Hello from Cheadle!

This looks like it’s just what I was looking for - somewhere to find advice, guidance and other people who fly near me. I’ve passed my A2CofC recently and I’d bought a new Mini2 to replace my Mavic Pro as I could see that aircraft was about to become redundant due to the new rules. Now I’m just very unsure of where there is locally where I can fly without fear of being challenged, arrested or shot on sight! :rofl:

Looking forward to spending time on here, meeting you guys.

Best wishes,
Chris

3 Likes

Is your friend :blush:

And welcome to GADC.

4 Likes

Thanks! I started my journey here with a visit to Dronescene, so I’m scouring it again right now. Great help…

2 Likes

Welcome to GADC. So sorry that your Mavic Pro is about to become redundant. I run a rest home for retired drones on the sunny south coast and am pleased to say that we still have some shelf space available for non C marked drones, At a push we might even help with relocation expenses. :ambulance: :hospital:

If you join FPVUK you can gain Article 15 Authorisation which extends the Pro’s usefulness - try various scenarios using our Good 2 Go tool:

6 Likes

Welcome! Not far from you - just over in sunny Sale.

1 Like

Hello there, Often go down to Cheadle, My wifes family are all down that way.

1 Like

Hi @ChrisR7 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi mate - good to know! Where do you find to fly? I’m new to it and everywhere I look it seems to be a no-go area, especially being so close to MAN Airport

If I was heading out just for a test flight, I’d currently go to Carrington Moss, just west of Sale. Previously I’d go to Turn Moss at Stretford, but that’s busier when the weather is nice.

1 Like

This is really helpful! I’ve just looked on the map and I can see why this would be a good spot. Can I just ask, how do you access it - down Ashton Road maybe? And which part of that area would you go to and take off from etc. Sorry to interrogate you but I’m finding my feet with this at the moment. Really appreciate your help. Cheers, Chris

Various hints and tips on that area here:

I park at Firsway Health Centre on a Sunday, or have parked at Heath Farm Lane in the past. There is also parking on Isherwood Road / Birch Road.

I may be able to get out there this Sunday, but won’t know until nearer the time.

1 Like

What an absolute star! This is fabulous! Thank you so much, this is perfect for me. Really grateful for putting the time in. I’m hoping to get some time off over the weekend too, so I hope I’ll get over there and at least have a look.
Brilliant.
Cheers!
Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris, I am from Timperley, and fly locally most of the time with a Mini 2
@kvetner has given you some great heads up on local places and has put them all on Dronescene.

I flew at Carrington the other week but had to hand launch and catch as the amount of metal in the ground sent the compass bonkers!

Turn Moss wasn’t too bad last night, you generally can find a quiet spot

2 Likes

Hi mate thanks for this. Sorry I’m late to reply, I missed the notification!

I’ll have a look at Turn Moss now. Thanks again, this is really helpful. Cheers, Chris

Wonderful photos. Amazed at the quality as well.

Where do you park when you go, if you don’t mind me asking. There’s a Gaelic football club there which looks handy but might be strictly private…

1 Like

I park in the car park off Turn Moss Road

3 Likes

That’s the best spot, except when football matches are on.

I usually park here, access from the cobbled road running alongside Brookburn Road, I’ve never had any issue getting a space:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you! (not allowed to say the same thing in a post twice apparently, so I’ve added this just so it’ll post! :man_shrugging:)

2 Likes