Hello from Dudley

Hi all, newbie to the drone world bought first drone Dji mini se.

Looking forward to trying my drone near the my area parks and countryside South Staffordshire- KINVER area

Been interested in video making for years and make gro pro videos

Hi @Sky_Sat and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Do you have a link to a youtube channel for your GoPro videos?

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi @Sky_Sat - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Alright mar maert, ow am ya? Welcome from Walsall

1 Like

Welcome to GADC :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Hi @Sky_Sat and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the squadron.

You’ll find a few markers in dronescene from myself and others in your neck of the woods to help you get going. :+1:

Take a look at some of the RTF (reason to fly) challenges in the challenges section too which will often give you less obvious and more interesting subjects to photograph from the air.

1 Like

Thanks firstadekit, I have already seen that post in places in my area and will check them out

Where can I find the RTF CANT see it in the menu

I have a question on airport zone

See picture of the zone with dji geo zone making the runway part longer

My question is am I ok to fly in any area outside the zone, I have pin pointed ENVILLE as a place I want to fly .

Is it safe as long as anywhere outside the zone ? Even if it not close to it?

Think you ended up starting a new topic but turn the DJI layer off.

Welcome to GADC

Yes as long as you’re not in the zone or the extended bits. These are to give clearance to the flight paths for runways.

Hate to be on final to land, and a drone starts buzzing you

Welcome to the forum. I know Kinver well.
You’d get some cracking shots from Kinver edge or up Clent hills

1 Like

Will visit both - await good weather

Hi @Sky_Sat and welcome. I haven’t been a member for long and I’m not big on social web sites, but this place is really good. I’ve found that taking an active part in the community has really helped me learn about the hobby. I’ll be entering my first competition, the 5 in 5 January challenge with no hopes of winning, just to give me more experience and for the fun of taking part.

Cheers,
Tony

2 Likes

@Sky_Sat Welcome to GADC. Been a while since I walked Kinver edge, lovely part of the country.