Hello from Fife in Scotland

Hi all, I’ve just signed up here after browsing for a couple of months. Seems like a nice friendly forum, in comparison to a certain US based Mavic forum that I’d also signed up to…

I’m based in Fife, just over the water from Edinburgh, so my flights tend to feature beaches, harbours and water! I bought a Spark at the tail end of last summer and was quickly hooked, so upgraded to a Mavic Pro last Black Friday, but still enjoy flying the little Spark now and then.

Jamie

5 Likes

Welcome Jamie , to THE best Drone Forum, just forget about the others, they argue, disagree, snipe, and most are so far up there own rses it’s a joke!.
We on the other hand are friendly, speak as we find, and generally are a great bunch of like minded Drone Pilots with a wealth of knowledge, but, most importantly, are not in the middle of a Forest, or a desert, but, here in the Great Ole British Isles !..

2 Likes

Hi Jamie, welcome to the family, I fly Phantom four and based in the Midlands.

Hi Jamie / @Digital , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own a Mavic Pro and quite a few Spark owners, too … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Hi @Digital and welcome to Grey Arrows mate :+1:t2:

Welcome to the forum, we don’t take things too seriously here, well I don’t, are a very friendly bunch and the absolute utter best drone forum in the universe, unless ET has started one!! and at least we don’t have guns to use to try and win an argument unlike some other certain bear pit forums whose answer to a lot of questions is ‘RTFM’ (Read The ‘effing Manual).

:wink::raised_hand:

Hi Jamie,

I am just over the water in Livingston so chances are we may have flown at some of the same places.

I have a Phantom 4 Pro and a Mavic 2 Pro. Mainly fly hobbyist but will do pro work if requested.

We have a good crew on here so you will likely get an answer to any questions you may have.

Regards
Geoff

Thanks all for the welcome :+1:

There’s a lot of great content on here, and it just feels like a friendly place :slightly_smiling_face:

Looking forward to picking your (collective) brains on how to get the best out of my flying!

Cheers,
Jamie

2 Likes

That’s what we’re here for mate :+1:t2:

I’d guess that the collective years worth of photography and drone-flying experience of the members on here would be… well, probably in to the hundreds? :thinking:

I see a survey-poll coming on!

Now that, would be an interesting Poll.

Welcome and I wish I’d found this forum earlier myself…

I was up in Scotland late last year. Stayed in Dunfermline but wandered from the Devil’s Pulpit across to St Andrew’s and was looking for places to fly my drone. In the end took far more land based DSLR shots but did find a few moments of airtime to keep me happy.

Your wish… https://greyarro.ws/t/how-long-have-you-been-flying-drones/8179 :slight_smile:

Welcome to the group of nutters, their all mad i tell you :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s alright, the man in the white coat is coming to put me to bed in a few minutes!.
I’ll tell him to call at your room next !.

1 Like

Shh they can hear you :shushing_face:

Hi I am from fife too do you know anyone local or a club who give lessons in drone flying I have flyer I’d and operator I’d .

Hi jamie welcome to gadc im just over in Edinburgh have flown a few areas around fife and borders you will find a great bunch of guys on here with a lot of info on where to fly