Hello from Halifax new drone owner

Hello all!!

Having been Interested in flying for some time I have gone and taken the plunge and bought a mavic 2 pro.

Put in some time having some experience with RC aircraft in the past but none with the camera the mavic has.

Looking to join local groups for general skill building as I am really keen to learn more flying and photography tips, the other half has some really decent camera kit but not really a flyer

Potentially looking to turn my love into a business in time so again any advice would be great

I’m from Halifax and lived here all my life.

I travel all over the world so really want to take the drone with me everywhere and get some cool shots

6 Likes

Hi Chris / @Airwolf , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the M2P … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome Chris @Airwolf :wave:
Am also in Halifax, give me a shout anytime you fancy a fly round

Hi Mick

Where do you fly?

I have so far taken it up to Pellon/up towards Halifax sailing club near the windmills and in around the house and woods

Will send you a pm. Cheers

1 Like

Welcome aboard !!

Welcome Chris!

Hello and welcome Chris.

Hi Chris, all so a Halifax lad but live down Wiltshire at the moment. I do come home when I can so if you find some good spot to fly post them on here please. Only place I have flown up Halifax is norland.

You guys have one of the best model car tracks in the country!