Hello from New Guy in Brighton

Hello, everybody. A few years ago I got interested in drones. Started with very small ones, then bought another two, one of them Zino, with great 4k capabilities. Just started flying and enjoying the hobby. Then, with my wife, we were flying to Scotland for Christmas. (No, not on the Zino) We’re at the Gatwick Airport. Announcement that because the drone activity all the flights are suspended. After a few hours we’re back on our way but the damage to drone enthusiasts was done.
Tried to fly Zino again but could feel the „damning pressure” from the public and the flying became more of a pain than a pleasure. I never knew where I stood with the law, especially the different policemen interpreting the rules different ways.
Now I found this club. I thought yes, that’s a good source of information and inspiration.
Quite a lengthy introduction of myself, sorry for that.

6 Likes

Hi Jay @Jaystep and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi @Jaystep and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Hi @Jaystep jay welcome to the club :wave:t2:

Hello and welcome to Grey Arrows :slight_smile:

Hi Jay - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Welcome to the club :slight_smile: Good place here!

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, looks like it is.

Hi there!

Welcome :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Hi!

Hi and welcome to GADC, dont worry about long messages… you should see some of mine, if i got paid by the word i could save money on lottery tickets.

1 Like

Welcome :blush:

1 Like

Ha! There was a longer version I created. I started telling the story how the helicopter would appear after I launched my drone. And it flew the circles around me. And it happened three times, every time my Zino was in the air for a few minutes.
And I haven’t mentioned the airport nearby yet…
Yeah, the story is more complex than I described.
You just got away easily. :grin:

1 Like

Hello
Im in Brighton as well (Woodingdean) if you fancy getting together that would be great. Ive only just got a drone Air 2S and have not had a chance to fly it yet as im currently in Kuwait.
Regards
Stuart

You may have not if you stumble across one of my messages.