Hello from Reading, Crawley and Paris!

Hi everyone,
I’ve just joined the forum after talking with Alex McIver (thank you, Alex).

A bit about myself, I’m a Full-stack Software Engineer working on large scale drone solutions. This includes everything from automation to UTM, Detect and Avoid to legislation solutions across Europe; which means I travel a lot (!!) but you can normally find me in Reading, near Gatwick or in Paris.

I have a background in Robotic Engineering which was the focus of my University studies and have had a passion for drones since I began back in 2011. Started off building them, moved into training and improving them and now I can’t get away from them!

I’m always approachable and love to chat about drones and tech in general so feel free to reach out

Nice to meet you all,
Tom

10 Likes

Welcome to the club, wow, sounds like an amazing background you have, will look forward to reading more from you in the future, :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, lots of interesting and knowledgeable folk on here.

1 Like

Hi Tom / @t.sargent24, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members have the MP, and an ever increasing number own the Mini.
We also have a number of members with self-builds / racing drones (complete with their own #racing-quads-self-builds-and-fpv forum category!),

So you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Thank you!
I’m loving the map, such a great way to meet people near you. I’ll get myself added asap

4 Likes

Hi Tom great to see you here, enjoy and hopefully you get to join into things and from that you gain useful information.

1 Like

Welcome Tom,
It will be great to have your thoughts and comments on the forum.

1 Like