Hi from a newbie in Bournemouth

HI Kas,
I am also a newbie 76 male from Charminster, Bournemouth and I have just bought my first drone which is a DJI Phantom 3 Professional. But I Have yet to fly it as it has to be set up and it seems to be a little bit technical for me.As I didn’t have a manual.But I printed one off the computer so I am still trying to read up on how to set it up.I have 3 Helicopters also which I have flown as well. I wish you luck with your drone. Kind Regards Gordon { Flashgordon 1 }

2 Likes

Hi Gordon / @Flashgordon - and welcome to GADC! :+1:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood. (I’m not far away in Southampton.)

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Hi Kaz

I’m Phil, I;m 64 in a couple of weeks and also from Bournemouth. I am in India right now but get back late on Tuesday.

I haven’t been flying for long, although it will soon be a year, amazing how the time goes by. I have a Mavic Pro which I got second hand, I have had some adventures around Bournemouth, mostly at Hengistbury Head until I was told flying a drone was not allowed. I was down near the visitor centre and easily visible, but up the top at the Mudeford end is probably a better place to fly from.

I got a few nice flights in Goa while I have been in India, I have published a few panorama shots, but the video will not be done till I get home, the screen on my laptop is a bit small for editing work.

We could arrange to meet some time after I get back, I live on the Christchurch side of Southbourne.

Take care, and hope to see you soon.
Phil

1 Like

Hi

That sounds like a great plan.

Let me know when you are over your jet lag - we can touch base then. Have a save journey back. Would love to hear about your travels in Goa too!

Kaz

@Kaz
Hi, yeah I’ll get in touch here on Friday maybe to see when we could get together.
Take care.

your only 10min up the road then i been doing models for years but drones about a year now found them to be 1 of the easiest to learn to fly (on gps) no erratic moves and you’ll soon have the hang of it. If you need a hand get in touch

Welcome Kaz
Blimey the south coast is gonna be a crowded air space with all the drones :joy::crazy_face:

Hi

Thank you for the welcome… yes, there does seem like a lot of people in this area :slight_smile: x

Hi Kaz welcome to the mad house. They are all a good bunch on here. Very helpful but totally nuts :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Kaz

Sorry I have not been in touch. I got back from India and spent most of the next morning on the toilet, Delhi belly strikes again. I have recovered now, but feel quite frustrated as the weather has been perfect for flying, but I daren’t leave my room, and on top of that my mobility scooter batteries died over the winter, my fault as I didn’t leave them on a trickle charge.

I have ordered new batteries which should be here tomorrow or Thursday, I use it for going to Hengistbury Head, Christchurch areas. I have a bit of a mobility issue which means I can’t walk too far.

Anyway I am just about back to normal so wanted to get in touch, my number is 07450234606, you can call, text or WhatsApp me. We could meet somewhere for a coffee or something. I do some voluntary support work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons, otherwise I am free the rest of the time, so let me know when and where we could get together.

Take care
Phil

Are you sure you want to post your mobile number on a public post?

3 Likes