Hi from Bolton, Lancs

Hi Folks. Thanks to PingSpike for the invite!

I’m new to drones, though been doing aerial photography for about ten years. I’ve bought a Mavic Mini, which I am taking on a two month motorcycling trip to South America next week.
If anyone is interested in seeing my aerial photography, please check out www.jonbowlesphotography.co.uk

I’m looking forward to getting used to my drone, been meaning to buy one for years! Also hope no-one minds if I start asking for advice…One thing I’m hoping is that someone finds a way of hacking the Mavic Mini so it can shoot RAW stills, though whether that is even possible I don’t know. In future I’ll also be looking for a drone that can carry my Ricoh GRIII and/or infrared Sony Nex5N.

Looking forward to meeting folks on here, and hopefully in real life too. If anyone round here is heading out in the next few days, would love to hook up and get some advice on flying my drone,as I don’t really have a clue :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hi, im also from Bolton.
which area are you in?

enjoy your drone

I am in the Haulgh

im in breightmet, I practice in leverhulme park on the football pitches near the bowling green and what used to be the mini golf course

1 Like

Welcome Jonathan @JetlagJon
Nice website
You are in good company over in Bolton, a few members on the map in your neck of the woods.
Looking forward to more pictures. You are always welcome to make the trip across the M62 to sunny West Yorkshire. Plenty of nice places to fly over here

1 Like

if you want to meet up , sometime, that will be no problem.
im hoping to get some flytime tomorrow morning , I fly a mavic 2 pro

Hi @JetlagJon and welcome to Grey Arrows, glad you could join us mate :smiley:

As Mick mentioned above there’s a few members in Bolton already and a whole host of members in the north west in general! (don’t worry about crossing that border though :wink: )

(Please feel free to add yourself to that map too :+1:t2: - How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Jon, the search functions here are an efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them - just in case!

We’ve recently updated the Drone Scene service to provide lots of additional layers of information too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs.

Is that your bike in your avatar? There’s a bikers thread on the go already :+1:t2:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome everyone, look forward to meeting some of you. I’m going to try my first drone flight tomorrow in Leverhulme Park, be great if we could could hook up @stevelyt ? I’m a bit nervous about it, having never flown a drone before.
I decided to register the drone, even though it’s below 250g.
I’ll have a look at the bike section too, I have two bikes, my wife rides too. One of the reason I bought the Mavic Mini is it’ll be easy to carry around on the bike.

1 Like

Just been out today, forgot to set video to record, will be going back after battery recharged,

It seem ok for flying today if you are interested?

Welcome to the team jetlag enjoy flying :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Steve

Thanks, but a bit busy today.

i will be going out tomorrow , if the weathers ok. i mean not raining

1 Like

Cool! I am up for it. What time? Have sent you a pm with my numbet

I’ve just checked out your site, and I have to complement you on those amazing aerial shots! Really stunning. How’d you get up there?