Hi from Dorset, tentative newbie

Hello from Bournemouth :wave: I’ve been photographing at ground level for years, only just got my first drone and having a blast when I can find somewhere to actually fly. Hungry for tips and advice. This site/resource looks awesome, if a little overwhelming at first.

Is there a thread/discussion for sharing images here? I’m nervous about using public social media such as Instagram, as I seem to get alot of unwanted advice and criticism from people who don’t have a clue, even though I am really careful, check local restrictions and am very considerate about where I fly :frowning:

7 Likes

Hi @amberina and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! You can find all the details about our Membership Benefits on our FAQ :smiley:

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Hi @amberina :wave:t2:

You can post all the photos you like in the Photos by Drone category.

We hear a lot of negative reports of the types of reply that people get when sharing on platforms like Facebook too.

You won’t find that here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Amber, welcome to Grey Arrows, nice to meet you!

Lots of great folks, good advice, fun and friendly forum without the drne police and drama of some other sites, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :slight_smile:

Both a Photo showcase and Video showcase on here as well as lots of to ask for help, good luck with your drone - lots of good locations on the Drone Scene map the forum provides - https://dronescene.co.uk/

Good luck and will look forwards to seeing your work :slight_smile:
Regards
Suzanne

4 Likes

Thank you Suzanne :blush:

2 Likes

You are most welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @amberina , fellow Bournemouther here. :smiling_face: Welcome!

Hoping to do a shot of the fireworks if one of these Fridays the wind isn’t too high! Happy to share notes (like everyone else here am sure). Enjoy the drone flying.

2 Likes

Hi @amberina welcome to the GADC enjoy your new hobby

2 Likes

Hi Amber @amberina and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Amber - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Friendly space here. We all understand local restrictions (actually lack of) so you will only get positive feedback.

Maybe have a look at the thread

For an excuse to post more photos and videos. (Even if like me) you don’t hit every bonus point.

Welcome!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:point_up_2:this

Welcome to GADC

2 Likes

Hi Amber,

Just to expand things slightly:

Photos more than welcome - else what are drones for? (Quiet at the back FPV flyers!)

There are different places to post

Photos by Drone logically in the Photos by Drone - Grey Arrows Drone Club UK category

Photos from other sources - Non-drone Photos & Video - Grey Arrows Drone Club UK and in the category there is a long-running thread for Mobile Phone Photos

Videos by drone - Videos by Drone - Grey Arrows Drone Club UK

We don’t host videos on site, you can use either YouTube or Vimeo and paste the URL for your video on a separate line in your post - like so:

https://youtu.be/1N6A3mJ7gDQ

with a space above and below gets you this in its own little box with controls

And you are not too late to dabble in the annual Birthday Challenge or wait until mid-September when fortnightly competitions resume

3 Likes

Hi @amberina and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Welcome Amber to GADC :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Welcome Amber, you are in the right place for help, advice and a positive response to any photos or videos you may post.
Enjoy your new hobby :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome @amberina Amber. You have joined a completely non judgemental, totally friendly, and very supportive group. As a female pilot, i have been made to feel so welcome, and not just a tagger on, or just the wife of @Foley, I always feel and an treated as my own person, so youbhave come to the right place :blush:

2 Likes

Hi there, the person typing this is the worst for not trusting social media. I do not do facebook and just do not want to be on social media. However, this place is the right place to be. Since joining I have made some friends and when I say friends I do mean that. There are people on here who will listen, help, advise and who are non judgemental. I have been to meets with .5 (@FoleyMrs ) and it has been nothing but welcoming. We have had a laugh and a joke with people on here and a burst of confidence has come from somewhere in me. If you have some photos start posting. We love to see some nice photos. Oh yeah… Welcome have a great stay.

2 Likes