Please read the rules (below) carefully. Even if you think you remember them from previous challenges. They have changed. Entries that do not conform to the rules may lose points or even be disqualified.
Please be aware that this is a competition run by drone pilots in a UK wide drone fliers forum. Unless stipulated otherwise you are required to use a drone to create your image and that image should obviously be from a drone that is in flight at the time
- You have a list of 25 objectives that form the Treasure Hunt.
- You gain a point for posting a photograph or video that matches the requirements of each objective.
- Each objective has one or more bulleted bonus items underneath. A clear picture of the subject and any bonus items earns points. We accept still and video images from drone cameras, single frames from video and screenshots of phone apps all with or without OSD overlay.
- There is no need to achieve all the objectives or to gain maximum points for each, or indeed do them in a specific order.
- The object is to “collect” items to amass points. There is no requirement, other than your own pride in your artistry, for aesthetic appeal, this is NOT a photographic competition. A picture that clearly shows the subject and bonus items is far more appreciated than an arty picture with the bonus items being so far away that they become a couple of disputed or unrecognisable pixels.
- At the end of the Challenge the person who has accrued the highest number of points as determined by the judges will be declared the winner.
- The first-placed contestant will win the top £200 cash prize. They will also win the unique 1st Place Gold Trophy Badge for the 2023 Birthday Challenge that can be displayed on every post that you make in the forum.
- The person who achieves the second-highest number of points will be awarded £100 cash and the 2023 Birthday Challenge 2nd Place Silver Trophy Badge.
- The contestant who has accumulated the third-highest number of collected items will be awarded the 2023 Birthday Challenge 3rd Place Bronze Trophy Badge and a cash prize of £50.
- In the case of a tie for first, second or third place(s) the relevant prize(s) will be apportioned equally between the tying contestants.
Item 33. Monument
- With a statue
- Fountain(s) adjacent
- Listed building
I claim 3 bonus points for:
- A monument
- Listed building The Nelson Monument (Nelson’s Column), Non Civil Parish - 1276052 | Historic England
Nelson’s Column - Wikipedia
Trafalgar Square, Central London. 30/08/2023 DJI Matrice 600, Zenmuse z30
I claim 4 points total, please
1. To enter an item for the Challenge you need to make a post in this thread containing the following
- Your photo or video - entries should consist of single still images unless otherwise specified.
- Subject and bonus items being claimed must be clearly visible.
- The number and name of the objective it relates to.
- Which, if any, bonus points relating to that objective you are claiming.
- The location from where the picture was taken and the aircraft used.
- Any other information that has been requested or a link to it.
Failure to include the required information may result in your image being rejected.
- You may only post a maximum of TWO entries per day during the Challenge which will run from 00:01 Monday the 24th of July until 23:00 on Saturday, September 9th…
- All entries must be taken within this time frame, any photos or videos taken outside of this time will not be accepted.
- Once your entry has been confirmed as eligible and/or added to the Leaderboard it may not be replaced or substituted by another entry at a later date.
- Entries must have been obviously taken from a drone in flight (unless stated otherwise) and within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland except for our overseas members, all media must have been captured exclusively in their home country.
- In the case of any dispute or query, the committee may request the original, unedited and uncropped image that has formed part of a submission. This may be sent to them by means of a message to @Challenges_Committee.
- The objective illustrated must be framed as the dominant subject of your image; the judges may disqualify images they consider do not match this requirement.
- Only one image is allowed per post unless stated otherwise, the image may only illustrate one objective. Two or more images captured from the same location will be disallowed.
- Unless otherwise specified the image must be a still image as it came from the camera, a single frame from a video or a screenshot from a phone/tablet/controller screen.
- The image may show OSD information. Cropping is allowable but no colour manipulation, copy/pasting of other images or erasing of any objects in the original images is not permissible.
- Our Leaderboard will have regular updates and these will be tagged @group-challenges so if you join the group @group-challenges you will receive notifications for the Leaderboard updates and any other important updates.
- If you are unsure about the definition or specific requirements of any item in the treasure hunt list or require clarification of a rule please ask first, before going to the effort of capturing your intended subject.
- If you are uncomfortable asking in public, private message @Challenges_Committee for clarity and confirmation. Any non-members are unable to initiate PM so, in this case just post a message in the Birthday Challenge thread, tagging @Challenges_Committee , stating you have a question and we will initiate contact via PM for you to ask your question. Please be patient in waiting for a response, it might take a little while as the ChallCom members are all volunteers with normal lives to lead.
- It will save a lot of energy, time, irritation and possible unpleasantness if competitors expend their creativity searching for images to comply with the instructions rather than attempting to find loopholes to exploit.
- Please note that the use of models or scale representations of real-life objects is NOT permitted unless the instructions specifically allow it… (This year they don’t!)
- If, when definitions or links to definitions are given which are international in scope, only those parts pertaining to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands will be applicable
- The Challenge Committee reserve the right to modify the rules at any time, including retrospectively to existing entries, should the committee decide there was an unforeseen loophole that has been exploited.
- Any concerns or issues regarding other competitors entries should be expressed in a private message to @Challenges_Committee for investigation. Again, non-members are unable to initiate PM so, in this case just post a message in the Birthday Challenge thread, tagging @Challenges_Committee , stating you have a question and we will initiate contact via PM for you to ask your question. Attacks on fellow contestants in the challenge thread, whether justified or not, will not be tolerated and may lead to the loss of points or disqualification for the complainant.
All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners wishes and permissions must be respected and adhered to. Flying in restricted zones is allowed only after permission has been obtained from the relevant authority