Hi from Kent!

Hi all! I’m in Kent and have recently got myself a Mavic Air, after years of struggling with Syma drones and various Helicopters I wanted something that would actually do what I told it :rofl:. I also have a tiny indoor thing that unfortunately is close to hopeless!

The Air is just awesome!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome

Hi Rob / @trstudio , and welcome to GADC.

Many members with the Mavic Air, so you are in good company! :+1:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

1 Like

Hi @trstudio and welcome to Grey Arrows mate :+1:

Hi and welcome

Hello and welcome Rob.

Welcome to the madhouse Rob

Hi Rob, a big welcome from another fellow Air flyer, great little beast isn’t she/he.
Dark nights are now upon us (how depressive!) pull up a chair trawl around’ and pick our brains on advice and tips for helping you have a great flying experience.
Take a look here:
https://greyarro.ws/t/gadc-drone-information-pack/3696/34
May be some useful info to print out for your droning bag !.

Hi @trstudio / Rob from a fello Mavic Air owner - welcome to GADC :wave:

Hi Rob from another Air owner - where in Kent are you ?

Hiya! Maidstone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know it well, I grew up in Birling, went to school in Snodland, learnt to fly gliders at West Malling, and my parents now live in Loose Valley, just on the outskirts of Maidstone.

I’m guessing that Mote Park now has a “no drone” rule, and flying at Leeds Castle would be a no-no, unless you were working for the BBC ?:joy:

I don’t really know about mote park or Leeds castle. I used to fly kites behind the leisure centre at mote park years ago. Still got a 6ft delta and 25mt lines.

I have a couple of recreation fields nearby I use but my plan is to venture to places such as camber castle to make short films, or when the weather warms up just go for a walk and look for something interesting.

Sounds good, there are so many places in Kent that would be good on film. I hope to get some video of the more recognizable places when the weather is nice.