Hi from new member in Anglesey

Hi, Im Ted - based in Anglesey for the time being - fly on the island and up in Snowdonia. Fly a Mavic Pro Platinum. Spend at least 8 months in SE Asia so I’m struggling with the cold :frowning: - wonder how the Mavic feels at 300 feet in a Welsh winter ? :slight_smile: Looking forward to meeting up with local groups or flyers.

6 Likes

Thanks & will do once the cloud lifts :slight_smile: - its all a bit “grey” at the moment.

How do you get on flying there with RAF Valley down the road?.
And, welcome Ted to the GADC !.

Hi from a South Walian. Last time I was in Anglesey I only had my DSLR so would love to return now.

Hi, and thanks for the welcome - RAF Valley and Mona airfields take up a huge area which is red zone for flying, including a good few miles of coastline BUT there is more than enough left with some spectacular ruins etc to explore from the air. In truth its the boring tourist beaches that are no fly zones, but I’m not interested in them anyway as the east coast is more rugged and interesting.

1 Like

Hi, yes this area is most definitely DSLR country - my drone is always in my camera rucksack so I get the best of both.

1 Like

Im off out over the weekend to investigate a waterfall up in the hills - if it works out I will post in the video section. Apparently the 2-3 mile hike is thru some good scenery which many have photographed, but I’ve only seen one drone vid from a local guy - I’m hoping to get it tracked right up the cliff face to the top so fingers crossed its a calm day. If not, i intend working the Conway Castle area from the hills behind - might make a decent reveal.

2 Likes

Welcome @silverfox682
Enjoy our forum!!!

1 Like

Hi and will do !!! Looks an interesting forum with many useful topics being covered.

Hi Ted / @silverfox682, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own a MP/MPP … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hello and welcome from the other end of Wales.

1 Like

Happy days Ted on the site ,

1 Like

You can also fly Conwy Castle from here easily enough.

2 Likes

Be careful guys council dont like you flying over castles in fact they have signs out :scream::scream::scream::rofl:

Couldn’t see any signs from up in the air :laughing:

Plus the Castle is Cadw property and only the road and road bridge is the council’s (other two bridges are Network Rail and National Trust property).

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: but seriously has anyone ever come up against a jobsworth that says land your drone ?

I think only a police officer would carry enough power/weight to issue a command like that? :thinking:

And where are my manners :man_facepalming:

Welcome to Grey Arrows, Ted @silverfox682 - glad you could join us mate :smiley:

1 Like

In similar sorts of words - yes, I have.

When I was flying legally, from public property and shooting Kidwelly Castle. Search out the thread if you’re intrigued :wink:

My pleasure bud :+1: