Hi From South Yorkshire

Hi all,
I’m Neil from the Sheffield area, i’m Completely new to drones and photography / videography, but I am pretty tech savvy and looking forward to learning a new hobby.

I’ve just purchased the Mavic Air with fly more combo, I figured it’s a good one to start with and also as the advanced features so I won’t need to upgrade as I learn and get better at using it.

I’ll be using iMovie to edit my videos as it’s free and pretty good, I don’t need any professional editing suites for what I’ll be doing and I can use iMovie on my iPad and Mac.

I look forward to chatting to you all and hopefully meeting some of you one day.

Hi @Neil, and welcome to GADC! :+1:

Quite a Mavic Air owners on here, so any questions you ask over on #questions-and-answers should receive responses from experienced users.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood, some of whom may be able to offer suggestions on local flying locations.

Thanks for having added yourself to that map already. :ok_hand:

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Hi @OzoneVibe thanks for the welcome, I’ve been looking around drone scene and a lot of posts on here, everyone seems really helpful and decent. :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome Neil.

Also a newbie Air flyer. Been on this grpup a few weeks and it is so helpfull. Homely I guess is the word.

Look forward to seeing your videos, something I have yet to manage.

Chann

1 Like

Hi Neil,

Welcome,I have been flying the air for around a year now and live just up the rd (junction 40 M1)
Happy to meet up sometime.

1 Like

Thanks @Chann and @jonathantozer.

Don’t know how videos will turn out but i’ll Learn as I go. I’m stating to learn camera what settings are at the minute. Youtube is my friend lol :movie_camera:

Check out Ian in London who has a number of useful videos and particularly his one on settings - I think it’s one of the best on this subject and regularly go back to it. Ian is also a member here @ianinlondon

2 Likes

Will do definitely mate cheers

Welcome to the site @Neil
Am not far away, over in West Yorks.
Always up for a meet and fly round, as soon as the weather allows.

1 Like

Definitely mate once weather gets better we’ll arrange a Yorkshire meet up somewhere

1 Like

Very informative video, i subscribe to Ian’s channel, some awsome vidoe’s

Gutted at the white cliffs of dover one tho :open_mouth:

Hi Mate, I’m from Sheffield and fly the Mavic Pro so if you want to go for a fly sometime just give us a shout.

Hi Chris / @PixiesChannel1 , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own a the Mavic Pro … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Thank you for the advice, I will add myself to the map now.

1 Like