Hi from the edge of reality - Glasgow Southside!

Been droning since 2016, have PfCO and used mostly Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 1. My friend, photographer Drumsagard encouraged me to join up - so here I am. Looking forward to using my drones for fun and (hopefully) making decent videos.
best regards to all

6 Likes

Hello from the English South Coast. I also fly an Inspire from time to time. If you are quick you can put some images in for The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt - an intriguing challenge with a couple of weeks to go …

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
Drumsagard told me about it - think I’ll leave that 'til next time.
cheers

2 Likes

Hi Gavin, Welcome, great to see you joined up. Looking forward to our next trip! :grinning: :+1:

I stay in Govan

Hello Gary, thanks for your welcome.
Glasgow’s a tough place to be to fly drones - you basically have to go miles before you’re clear of the “congested area” and flying legally.

1 Like

Yeah don’t I know it but I have a car and Balloch is not to far away I spoke to a superintendent from the police he advised me to take it at Balloch

1 Like

I found Balloch pretty difficult to find a space to take off.

Ended up walking through the country park, climbing a fence, jumped across a stream then found a quiet spot beside the Loch.

Not high on my list of places to return to.

If your looking for somewhere quiet, there’s a great spot down near Whitlelees wind farm.

Coming from the M77 side if you pass the visitor centre there’s a layby on left to park and a hill that will take you a few minutes to walk up.

360 degree views of the windfarm and all the surrounding reservoirs.

Probably my favourite spot but can get pretty windy.

3 Likes

Photos?

1 Like

Photos scattered throughout the daily photo thread but here’s a video.

4 Likes

Great video! :+1:

3 Likes

Brilliant video

2 Likes