In-Person DJI Mini 4 Pro Guidance Needed in Bristol

Hey everyone,

I’m Stephen, diving into drone flying with my DJI Mini 4 Pro here in Bristol. Running into a bit of trouble, mainly moving videos off the SD card, but honestly, I want to get the hang of this drone as a whole.

I’m keen to meet up with someone who can show me the ropes in person. Not just looking for tips online—I’m hoping to learn hands-on and cover more than just the SD card issue.

If anyone’s up for a meet-up or knows any groups that get together to fly drones and share advice, I’d appreciate an invite. Of course, coffee’s on me!

Thanks a lot!
Stephen

3 Likes

Welcome

Pinging the @group-southwest

Often in Bristol and happy to meet up when I am - not going to be in the next 2 or 3 weeks unfortunately.

There are others locally as well as @milkmanchris kindly tagged in the SW group.

2 Likes

Welcome to Grey Arrows Stephen :slight_smile:

Hi @STEPH1 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

The best way is to remove it and use a card reader

3 Likes

We can probably help really easy with that part, with a bit of distance learning.

1. Which controller are you using
  2. Where are you trying to get the files onto

If you’re trying to move video/ pics off the sd card to your phone/ iPad / Tablet, best to use the quick transfer method, by installing the Fly app from DJI ( don’t download from anywhere but the DJI website for the android version) If you’re transferring to a computer, then as Sparky says, get a card reader and take the sd card out of the drone, place in the card reader and connect to the computer to transfer files across ( I create folders on my desktop to transfer videos to and rename them according to the video/ pics on them ) :wink::wink: PS Welcome to GADC :+1:

1 Like

Hi Stephen - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

While you’re waiting to arrange a meet up why not ask a few questions you may have - plenty of experience on this forum :+1:

1 Like

Hey Stephen,
Welcome, you are in goods hands.
I am in South Bristol, Bedminster Down and also have a Mini 4 Pro, my first drone but I am building confidence every flight.
Where are you based?
Might be a good idea to add your details to your profile so you appear on the members map.

2 Likes

@STEPH1 Hi Stephen. Welcome to the club you’ll love it here. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to Grey Arrows frm Wells Somerset, not to far from Bristol

1 Like

Hi mate, welcome from the Black Country

Hi Stephen
Welcome to Grey Arrows :+1:
DJI mini 4 pro owner here, based in Long Ashton just south of Bristol.