Indoor/Outdoor trainer quad

Looking for suggestions for an indoor/outdoor small fpv quad option. Primarily it will be to train with and build confidence but also as a second option to my main quad just for a bit of fun or if the weather is shit have a fly around indoors :+1:t2:

1 Like

Any 1s or 2s brushless whoop will do. One with prop guards

2 Likes

Thanks Karl, Are there any particular makes/models to avoid? I’ve been looking at the Tinyhawk 2 but there are a few others that look very similar.

Not really sure. I had a snapper6 ages ago. The only things you need to look for are brushless and at least an f4 flight controller.

Oh, there is the odd one out there that is xfire ready. Prob best getting that one. Can’t remember the name, but I think its made by tbs

2 Likes

This one will be the one @notveryprettyboy is referring to

Failing that I’d get a BNF tiny hawk 2. Perfect as it can be flown on 1 or 2 1s batteries.

3 Likes

Cheers Karl :+1:t2:

Cheers Howard, I did look at that whoop but it comes with FrSky D16 receiver :confused: I’ll probably go with the TH2 as it looks a good compromise between price, quality and performance :+1:t2:

My mistake this has a nano vtx and not crossfire rx.

What tx are you using? as the tinyhawk will be d8 and i know that lots of open tx units will cover both d8 or d16 as standard.

1 Like

I’m using the Jumper T Lite at the moment which definitely supports D8 but not sure if it supports D16? I’ll have to check

Of course, you are! it’s been a long day :man_facepalming:

Yes, it supports d8 and d16. It’s also pretty good with the crossfire module - now I’ve got that working properly!

That’s providing you have the 4in1 version

1 Like

Ah cool it is the 4 in 1 version :+1:t2: cheers Howard

1 Like

Ok I have found a GEPRC TinyGo 4K. Has anyone had any experience with it? It’s about £140 so more than the TinyHawk2 but it has a 4K camera and a built in dvr that records direct to sd card at upto 60fps

2 Likes

Not heard of that one, but you can’t go wrong with GepRC :+1:t2: my toothpick frame is made by GepRC :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

I’ve been looking at reviews and they say the rtf package is best package available (of that style of quad). Might have to take a punt :thinking:

2 Likes

It looks like a cracking package.

I’d buy that.

1 Like

Just brought 1 and love it :+1:t3:

1 Like

Nice whoop Nick :+1:t2: I don’t have DJI goggles though :confused:

Thats the big question. Analogue, shark byte or dji. Which route do you take. And how much money do you have :rofl:

1 Like

The simple answer is not enough :rofl:

1 Like

I will stick with analogue for now but at some point I’m sure I will upgrade to either Sharkbyte or DJI or maybe there will be other options by that time :thinking: lol

1 Like