Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

Her Maj usual route shown previously is a bed red block line from Windsor to Sandringham. It was always a bit obvious who it was so maybe this is the alternative…a whopping great radius of southern England so makes it a bit more vague of who it is and the exact route!

Advance notice of a forthcoming massive temporary restricted area spanning from Boston in the North, Banbury in the West, Epsom in the South, and Framlingham in the East.

No idea what it’s for but some rumors doing the rounds are that Biden is flying in as a stop on the way to Ukraine and not using the usual protocols with regard to the final airport location. Could be ***p though :slight_smile:

Can’t zoom out far enough on Drone Assist to take a pic

Anyone got any info on this?

Moved your post to the correct thread.

Probably the above?

1 Like

That’s another tick then for DroneScene :wink:

1 Like

Its only a 1HR.26min slot. Could be Biden…Zelinsky…practice flights for Jubilee.
Sparkles & her gunner on her broom… :rofl:

See my NOTAM post above from 3 days ago…

If it is the Queen then the designated area is unusual as msgyorkie
pointed out above. Certainly in my 30 yrs in ATC (22 of them with AIS) I never saw a NOTAM or plotted such a large area for a Royal heli flight.

1 Like

Doesn’t Aunty Betty only go by train these days, anyway? I think she stopped using choppers about 15 years ago.

Harry and Moanagain may be in town, perhaps they are having an aerial tour of what they missed.

With the queens mobility issues a chopper flight is probable the best way of travel for her these days, doorstep to dorrstep.

No. She allegedly too frail for train travel. Chopper is her long distance travel now.

If it’s Jesus’s second coming all the eggs will be gone.

Apologies, didn’t see your post

2 Likes

No apologies, I was just refering my post as a possible explanation. :pray:

Not sure whats going on near Coventry. The police have put in abou 24 flight reports for this area? may just be training? Maybe someone on here may know?

1 Like

There’s a NOTAM for it, too …

This may be linked to what is happing in Coventry

1 Like

LARGE Notam area tomorrow around the north Nofolk Coast.

RESTRICTED AREA (TEMPORARY) FOR PLATINUM JUBILEE F…

Category
Temporary Flight Restriction

Summary
Blue zones are advanced notice of areas that will shortly become either red or yellow, while yellow regions with a blue border are notice of a current drone flight.

Altitude
This piece of airspace is in effect between Surface and 15000ft SPS

Temporary Flight Restriction
This is an official ‘No Fly Zone’ (a Temporary Flight Restriction) and it applies according to the following criteria, in the region indicated by the boundary shown.

Active in 15 hours, 52 minutes
Active: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:10:00 AM until Friday, May 27, 2022 12:20:00 PM (UTC).

NOTAM ID
EGGN/J1341/22

1 Like

Have you considered using the drone hacks software to unlock your drone from the restrictions permanently, though still fly responsibly?

2 Likes

This one just popped up round my neck of the wood to last a whole month for most of the day 0700 to 1700 hours.

Full NOTAM Text
Q) EGTT/QWULW/IV/BO/AW/000/006/5325N00236W006 A) EGCC B) FROM: 22/06/10 07:00 C) TO: 22/07/10 17:00 E) UAS OPR WI 5NM RADIUS OF 532430N 0023540W (WARRINGTON, CHESHIRE) MAX HGT 300FT AGL. FOR INFO 07946 345798. 2022-06-0630/AS2 LOWER: SFC UPPER: 570FT AMSL SCHEDULE: 0700-1700

NOTAM ID
EGGN/U3318/22

No idea what this one’s all about.

1 Like

Call the number and ask :person_shrugging: then be sure to share as well