Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

Just called up and it’s someone monitoring the roads, didn’t reveal much about it. Think it might just be a local drone pilot/concerned citizen trying to get evidence for the local council at how atrociously congested our roads here are.

PS: Looks like the NOTAM has been revised down to a 0.5nm radius instead of the 5nm it previously was too.

Not much info on this one other than a “flypast”?

Active for less than 1 hour. Shouldn’t be an issue. Might be interesting drone shots. :smiling_imp:

Looks like it is the BBMF

https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/press22/bbmfschedule2022.htm

So the Lytham air show only lasts for an hour…

Another update on this. I wasn’t aware of this hairbrained council plan on the other side of town, but this explains why someone on that side of town would be wanting to monitor the impact to roads this month. Warrington road safety plan gets criticism - BBC News

1 Like

Dated next year - and it’s a Thursday ?

@MartG1960
Never noticed that, the “active in” text is 23 June 2022 and the “full notam” text is 22 June 2023. Hope they sort it within the next six days…

Either way it’s a Thursday - maybe something flying in for the show

Something coming in for the show would fly into Warton or Blackpool, they already have NFZ in place, I think someone has just cocked up the dates.

I was thinking maybe something like the Huey landing for static display

1 Like

Fun NOTAM for most of the south west for nearly a month. Radio/GNSS jamming exercises effecting up to 103 nmi from source

Russians have been doing it since Ukraine started. Guess they’re looking at how to do it back and make a nuisance.

I’m sure, but slap bang in the middle of the channel seems like an awfully high traffic area to do it compared to off the scilles or norfolk or something xD

They’ll want to see how well it functions around terrain etc.

Any of you guys flying at Parklands hotel near Glasgow today? @Drumsagard
Just checking for somewhere to fly today after work and noticed a user submitted report on dronescene

1 Like

Nope, not me. I see it’s centred on the park, I may just pop along this evening and have a look.
If you are looking for somewhere to fly, check out Dams to Darnley Country Park just west of there.

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check it out. Thought you might have been at a wedding there today, hence the tag

1 Like

No worries. Best place to park is Aurs Road, it runs between the reservoirs. I passed them the other week and thought I’ll need to come back and get a drone up as the water level was really low, never seen them looking like that before.

1 Like

I think I’ve figured it out - Lytham '40s weekend this weekend, and the Huey usually flies in for static display

1 Like