Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

No fly zone for Manned and Unmanned aircraft over Birmingham and surrounding area from July 22nd to August 9th.

Commonwealth Games Birmingham Temporary Air Space Restrictions July 22nd – August 9th - British Model Flying Association (bmfa.org)

Moved your post to the thread where this is already covered.

Not strictly accurate, the outer red circle has been amended by certain lines removing some area not considered required to be restricted
This shows it better……

SailGP in Plymouth this week, the NOTAM is interesting as contrary to the organisers claims the CAA haven’t put in an exclusion zone, but instead only a Navigation Warning, and even more interestingly only down to 1500ft AMSL meaning it doesn’t show by default on most the drone maps

Now you’d have to be an arse to fly over the racecourse, there will be a helicopter there and if last year was anything to go by, it flies as low as 100ft AMSL but technically you’d be in the clear to fly on the periphery (the water comes under long rooms control, and it’s not worth causing trouble with them even if it was safe)

I cant help but think someone somewhere has messed up a little with this one, it should reasonably be from SFC so perhaps someone has put an extra zero and it was meant to be 150ft AMSL , might drop them a call later, would be cool to film the practice sessions on Friday.

For contrast here is a section for the LNTM (local notice to mariners):

Update from WMP with some interesting replies to the tweet.

Drone ban over wide area.

Much on this in the ‘ Interesting NOTAMs / Flight ‘ thread etc. :+1:

1 Like

The comments below the Express article are interesting! the usual morons…

1 Like

Maybe after an icepick through the eyesocket.

Karen and Ken

Why can I not see a restriction for this years SailGP Plymouth?

They are practicing today and the helicopter is up but I can not se anything on Drone Scene about it?

Am I missing something?

Moved your post to this thread as there is some info above.

1 Like

Maybe they are? :man_shrugging:t2:

What were you expecting to see? :thinking:

Do they normally put an airspace restriction over Silverstone when the MotoGP is on? I don’t think I’ve ever looked to see.

Hi Mike, see my post a bit above, someone’s cocked up and set the floor to 1500ft instead of sfc for the notam so it doesn’t show by default, turn on upper airspace and it will show. Was wondering the same thing but as you’ll have seen today the heli goes far below that

There’s a low flying helicopter so there’s normally a navigation warning, they say it’s a restriction but technically it isn’t. Would still be a dumb idea to fly though. Silverstone has one for the F1, not sure about motogp

I think someone is taking the p@as with this one.

hi all, been having a lot of trouble lately my Mavic mini could not get G P S so last Sunday at home in garden i had a look at why so deleted the mini app then loaded it again great every thing was working but i could not start it to fly, why as i live seven miles from coventry airport i was blocked the flight zone has been extended so i was just in the dead zone went out into country great it could fly G P S and all so why has the flight zone been extended tried again today 8/08/2022 at home couldn’t even start it ANY IDEAS STRANGE.

Because your probably in the Commonwealth Games temp NFZ

It’s well documented

Try again tomorrow when the restrictions are lifted

1 Like

Yes, Eugene, I’ve just seen your Instagram message.
It’s as Chris :point_up: says, it’s the Commonwealth Games no-fly zone, it should be lifted tomorrow
see these earlier posts

yes steve i remember now thanks