Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

Just curious :thinking: - is it still likely a glitch if it ends specifically at an airport? (Also, it has changed from blue to yellow now.)

1 Like

I recall a week or so ago somebody logged a recreational flight where the radius was the entire Greater London. :joy:

Now that I think about it, I don’t know if it starts in the UK and ends at an airport in Morocco or the other way around? :man_shrugging:

The NOTAM gives the coordinates from north to south … so probably that’s the planned direction.

But the northern end is in the middle of nowhere.

Yellow = future … although I’m not certain of the time they change to blue = imminent.

Hi i checked my fly safe app today, and Parts of Berwick upon tweed, all down the coast to Ashington is highlighted in Blue, When i click on the Blue it says Tempo Danger Area, from 18/04/2023 08:45 till 17.50 18/04/2023, just wondering if anyone knows why?

Thanks if anyone has any info, about this

BEYOND VISUAL LINE OF SIGHT UAS OPS

Or at least thats what our very own Dronescene tells us.

Sort of reverse NOTAM here:

1 Like

Hi

This is a zone being used to transfer blood samples and supplies by drone between hospitals in Northumberland.

2 Likes

Hi thanks for your reply, so you will not be able to fly a drone of any class in this entire area? I am new to the scene so still learning the basic terms, sorry,

@paulburgh
No, not while the NOTAM is active. While it is blue its just pre-warning you that the area is about to become active, you can fly in it while blue. Between 18/04/2023 08:45 and 17.50 18/04/2023 the area will turn to red which means the NOTAM is active, and no flying allowed. The one above is now finished, but there is another one coming on Friday for the same area : Friday, April 21, 2023 7:45:00 AM until Friday, April 21, 2023 5:15:00 PM

Just be careful as they are stacked so you need to check details on all for that area. Theres three on there at present covering the same area and have different activation dates.

So if this scheme gets put into other areas of the UK, it has the potential to stop people using drones? I am not saying that life saving blood is not more important, just thinking of implications.

Yes that’s exactly what it means. The more NOTAMS that are issued the less areas we can fly. But remember not all of them create a no fly zone. Some are just warnings of increased activity, some may have just a height restriction. You have to read the text to find out exactly.

Thanks I guess beginners like me makes me to learn more which is good, but also can put people off using drones, double edge sword, but knowledge is always good, thanks for the information and i shall pass the info to a friend, thanks once again

We were all beginners once. And I’m pretty sure we’d all rather have you here and asking questions, rather than the alternative that could end up with you arrested, or worse, people getting injured.

Just so that others get a better idea of the area this NOTAM relates to …

… and the link to Drone Scene …

1 Like

This Notam showing on Drone Scene is fairly local to me and looked interesting with a swarm of 500 drones. However nothing shows up on Notam Info and the Lat/Long are miles away either in or on the edge of RAF Coningsby airbase FRZ so I can’t see a drone swarm operating there. So can anyone enlighten me what’s going on here.

Two months is a long time too.

1 Like

Kings coronation 6.5.22

If your living in the south & intend on flying sat 6th may, between 12 & 2 pm I’d definitely check your airspace

:wink: