Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

Nope - wind down there at the moment is only about 10-15kts.

Almost went to Hurst Spit to fly the drone and take some pics/video.

But I needed to be there about an hour ago and I was too late going to sleep.

There’s always next year … there’s some drizzle there today.

The King’s in Edinburgh this week.

2 Likes

Bet some idiot still flies a Mini 3 on to the stage…

3 Likes

Strange that nothing appears on DS for the Music Festival.

The NOTAM currently showing in Glasgow - same location (very nearly) is for a Laser Display 5th and 6th July.

Location in the pdf “Music Festival” restriction … 7th/8th/9th …

Yeah, had spotted that. If you turn on the ‘DJI GEO Zones’ layer, they’ve added it in there… but not showing as a NOTAM yet :confused:

1 Like

Wash your mouth out! :laughing:

AND someone’s flying a drone there … though perhaps official coverage …

It’s now showing.

Big temporary restriction near swindon. Came up earlier this week as a notice of future restriction. But changed to total restriction shortly after

POTUS visit… 9th -10th July

@HantsFlyer
Am I the only person who saw a cock and balls on that notam for POTUS

I’m so glad you said that. I had to send that to image to a friend of mine as I could t believe it haha. Surly someone had to sign off on that design…

I put the Mini 2 up before restriction came in and also flew round the Green after restrictions lifted.

1 Like

I’m heading to North Berwick tomorrow to watch the Scottish Open golf. I see a no fly zone is in place.

2016 - but still valid …

:rofl:

That would have been an even better shot if she’d actually been trying to hit it :joy:

2 Likes

Better hitting the drone rather than a person. Playing golf a few years ago, a young lad came up to me asking how to get off the golf course. Looked at him and realised he’d been hit in the mouth by someone’s wayward drive. Blood all over and he’d obviously lost several teeth. Offered to take him to the clubhouse so someone could have a look, but he refused. ( thinking he was in trouble for being on the golf course in the first instance ) :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

Someone planned a long flight! From the 17th over a few days along the railway line.

Probably Francis Bourgeois! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I was just watching his videos too jahaha

The radius for the upcoming Fastnet Race drone coverage route in the Solent is a tad OTT!

One radius stretches nearly a mile into the mainland!

1 Like