Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

Whatever it is it covers my house :frowning:

Restricted Airspace (Temporary) - Lulworth Castle, Dorset, 27 July - 2 August, DRONE ONLY

Restriction of Flying Regulations for Bestival Music Festival 27 July to 2 August 2021.

Details by NOTAM and in a Briefing Sheet at www.nats.aero/ais.

Restrictions also apply to the operation of all drones.

SW2021/173

Only a couple of miles from me

Listen for the explosion later then

1 Like

And someone posting a drone video on youtube :cry:

1 Like

I guess that’s inevitable these days, that and Facebook

2 Likes

Not yet but I did find this little gem

1 Like

Let’s try and keep things a little on topic, please.

This is an important thread, and ramblings will deter people from reading.

Thanks.

Isle of Wight Music Festival has a Temporary Flight Restriction in place … Wednesday, September 15, 2021 7:00:00 AM until Monday, September 20, 2021 11:00:00 AM (UTC).

1 Like

So what happens if a NFZ is brought into effect whilst you are flying?

Does the drone just hover?

On a DJI drone? I doubt very much it updates it’s database in real time :blush:

More Music Festival activity … Glasgow.

Two that overlap in both area and timings …

Friday, September 10, 2021 9:00:00 AM until Sunday, September 12, 2021 10:00:00 PM (UTC)

Saturday, September 11, 2021 12:00:00 AM until Monday, September 13, 2021 12:00:00 AM (UTC)

1 Like

:+1: Just noticed that one too.

1 Like

Further to earlier post re NOTAM over Channel: ADSB Exchange is currently showing a drone on the French side of Migrant Alley -details are:

ICAO Code Hexadecimal: 47C888
Serial number (MSN): MSN 0448
Operator Code: Nordic Unmanned AS, EASA operator NORsfw7srvn9kcxj
Type: Schiebel Camcopter S-100
Airline/Owner: Nordic Unmanned

Pic:

Just a note in case anyone has plans to fly in this area between Thursday and Sunday:

Check it out on Drone Scene - advance NOTAM already on the map!

Categories: Air displays and events, air traffic control, airspace alerts, balloons, commercial pilot helicopter, drones, flight training private, gliders, microlights, private pilot aeroplane, private pilot helicopter

Restricted Airspace (Temporary) - Lancashire, 16 - 19 September - DRONE ONLY

Restriction of Flying Regulations, DRONE ONLY for Chorley and Preston, Lancashire from 16 to 19 September 2021.

Details by NOTAM J3715 and in a briefing sheet at www.nats.aero/ais.

SW2021/247

That one caused my GVC flight test/OE to have to move to a different location. Spotted it a night or two before. Examiner gave me a nod of approval when I flagged it with him.

1 Like

I was checking out the Blackpool area as I plan to stop off here on my way home from Chester on Sat 25th for some night shots. Looks like I may have some fireworks as well :+1: :grinning:

@Diveuk is your man on the ground there ;o)

Yep, “world fireworks championship” World Firework Championships Blackpool | Visit Blackpool

If you want to look at the pleasure beach and south pier, contact blackpool ATC on 01253 472527, they are very helpful but usually need 24-48 hours notice of a flight.

1 Like

I suspect there will be a few drones flying!

1 Like