Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

Thanks for the info Philip :+1:, I was just about to look up their details :grinning:

Yep I’d imagine so.

The flashing lights from all the drones overshadow the fireworks, people think it is a light show instead of a firework show.

We could all put different colours of strobon cree’s on our drones :+1:

I just have what is probably a very daft question to many. The NOTAM for this is no flying within circles of radius 1NM miles from the two locations, one Preston and one Chorley. But on Drone scene this is shown as a big circle that covers both locations and hence goes out to areas of Blackburn etc. well outside this distance. Is this a limitation of the software or provided information, just wondering why this is not shown as two smaller circles of just 1.852KM radius?

Adrian

1 Like

I’d guess that’s just rubbish data provided to Altitude Angel. If you email them, they’ll look at it and fix it if they can.

I’ve read the NOTAM on this and can’t for the life of me find any indication, anywhere why this is place. Considering i’m smack bang in the middle I thought something local would be apparent. something for me to go off to and see maybe?
Any ideas?

Is somebody playing with pretty things? or just being greedy?

Blackpool tomorrow @group-northwest

Just saw this on the BBC - Drones will be affected by temporary airspace restrictions being put in place across a large area of Scotland for the COP26 conference in Glasgow - COP26: Drones affected by temporary airspace restrictions - BBC News
Okay, Glasgow I get but large areas of Scotland? :man_shrugging:

I guess because all those world leaders will be arriving by helicopter and private jets. To a climate conference! :man_facepalming:

Why can’t they just do it on zoom like the rest of us. Oh yeah. Because they have to wine and dine on the taxpayer too.

1 Like

As @firstadekit says lots of air traffic for both ferrying World leaders around and on security taskings.

1 Like

That one and about 10 other drones will be in that area tonight.

I look forward to seeing your photos :smiley:

Ha, not sure if I can get out tonight, her indoors has got things for me to do and I must obey…

1 Like

Red Arrows will be displaying over Portsmouth Harbour Wednesday 20th October

RESTRICTED AREA (TEMPORARY) AT (PORTSMOUTH…

Category
Temporary Flight Restriction

Summary
Blue zones are advanced notice of areas that will shortly become either red or yellow, while yellow regions with a blue border are notice of a current drone flight.

Altitude
This piece of airspace is in effect between Surface and 5500ft MSL

Temporary Flight Restriction
This is an official ‘No Fly Zone’ (a Temporary Flight Restriction) and it applies according to the following criteria, in the region indicated by the boundary shown.

Active in 2 days, 6 hours
Active: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 4:43:00 PM until Thursday, October 21, 2021 2:57:00 PM (UTC).

Full NOTAM Text
Q) EGTT/QRTCA/IV/BO/AW/000/055/5048N00107W006 A) EGHF B) FROM: 21/10/20 16:43 C) TO: 21/10/21 14:57 E) RESTRICTED AREA (TEMPORARY) AT (PORTSMOUTH HARBOUR, HAMPSHIRE). FOR A RED ARROWS DISPLAY WI 5NM RADIUS 504829N 0010649W. AREA ESTABLISHED UNDER ARTICLE 239 OF THE AIR NAVIGATION ORDER 2016. 2021-10-0054/AS1 LOWER: SFC UPPER: 5500FT AMSL SCHEDULE: 20 1643-1710, 21 1430-1457

NOTAM ID
EGGN/J4127/21

1 Like

The whole of Central Scotland is currently under a large blue circle, stretching from Pitlochry in the north to Moffat in the south. Active from this coming Saturday :frowning_face:

COP26 I assume.

Yup :+1:

Does what you’re seeing match the map here?

1 Like