Thanks for the suggestion. The weather today meant I didn’t risk testing. I’ve spent a bit of time checking all the calibration methods. The compass was out but not hugely, and the IMU was in the green, but still quite a bit off. so I’m holding out some hope that a test flight tomorrow might show the problem to be at least minimized.
Something I never did was fly it on wifi, so I’ll try that too.
If not I’m going back to DJI, because it surely must be the remote? If anyone is nearby, the a quick test with another controller would be very useful