It’s arrived, can’t wait for a fly around

Well it’s finally arrived.

Took some advice and bought a little practice drone 1st, I’m very excited to give this one a whirl :grin::grin::grin:

12 Likes

First task with a new drone?

Update your profile! :wink:

3 Likes

Go on… What is it? You’ve got me intrigued !

2 Likes

It’s the SwellPro splash drone 3+

1 Like

Is that ages “3+” ? Should be perfect for a first practice drone then! (Sorry, couldn’t resist :joy: :joy: :joy:)

Looks good, seen a couple of YT vids reviewing them. Keep us updated on how you get on with it

2 Likes

I’m hoping to convince some of the nice folk on here to come and have a fly around our nice country estate and give me some pointers at the same time.

2 Likes

This drone looks like a fun piece of kit! Just watched a YT video of a guy dunking it in the sea, self flips and takes off again :ok_hand: :smirk: impressed!! does look like you need a snap on toolbox to assemble though :man_facepalming:t4::joy: look forward to your review :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Calibration doesn’t sound easy but looks cool built and with camera installed.

2 Likes

Does look decent :ok_hand:

all plug and play even the props are on twist locks, camera is on and off with one screw

1 Like

Nice one! What’s the size roughly?
Wheres your maiden flight taking place?

Measures around 15 x 15 inches.

1st flight will be on the estate i work at near Skipton N Yorks.

1 Like

Stick the kettle on… According to google maps if I walk and leave now, I’ll be with you in 84 hours :wink:

2 Likes

@JamesB. It’s good to see one that is being used by a flyer rather than the ubiquitous YouTube reviewers.

I fly over water a fair bit, and that would have probably survived the unexpected on water landing I had with my MP a few months ago.

Watching your adventures with interest, as it’s an intriguing bit of kit.

Good luck with your first flight

No need, I’ll pick you up on my way. You’re only the other side of town! :rofl:

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Get some practice in then we want to see it on Breaking the speed limit

2 Likes

We’ve seen it stationary … might add it at that speed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Im Impressed with the specifications, looking forward to your real world experience.

2 Likes

If it’s the only one i’m in the lead right?

7 Likes

I watched a video on the SwellPro Splash drone, last week I think, the guy did some water landings, all went well until one landing into water the drone flipped over, he was traveling forward while landing. It was a deliberate try to flip it to see what would happen upside down in the water, well he could not get it to take off again, had to swim to retrieve the drone. Don’t want to put you off just thought I would say incase you have not seen that video. To be honest I did like the drone but not buying a new one just yet. ( SwellPro Waterproof SPLASH DRONE 3 Review - Part 2 Flight Test - Ocean Proof ) on youtube. Enjoy your drone