It’s Arrived

I read it a couple of days ago Brian. Couldn’t believe it myself.
More money for the CAA
Article here

Congrats Mick.

Cheers Richard :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the link, interesting comment that

is ‘mostly aimed at renewal applications’ and is in response to a number of PfCO holders using the process as a consultancy service for their renewal instead of an application service.

I didn’t realise these services existed, but I guess used by those that we given a ‘ready to go generic ops manual’ by their PfCO providers.

1 Like

Another reason i will not be going for pfco,if hobbyists can sell their photos,then that will be good enough for me :wink::wink:

1 Like

Edit to my above post !! won’t be doing my PFCO “until” we know more about the final regs and how things will look . So may still book with I RED in Emsworth but playing the waiting game,until the dead dingo’s in government make up their minds what hoops we “careless” drone operators will have to jump through.:wink::wink:

2 Likes

Right so we have had a look at CAP 1789 and it states that the regulations for hobbits and commercial operators will be the same. Which therefore means there is still going to be a recognition that there are commercial operators. What it doesn’t say is if you will still need a PfCO to be a commercial operator, and monetise your imagery. When are the CAA going to clarify this.

2 Likes

You got to love a type/auto-incorrect! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I imagine it’ll be like driving. I can hire a minibus today and take me and my mates away for a weekend. If I want to drive that bus as a commercial service then I need a different licence. Same bus, same road, same driver.

I think it’s only fair that if somebody hires a UAV pilot that they should expect them to be trained to a standard higher than one of his/her mates that’s just unboxed one from Currys. That’s how this industry will survive; if you want a trained, competent, insured pilot then that comes at a charge.

@mickydd, congrats Mick!

3 Likes

Thanks Lee :+1:

Fully agree with you on this

2 Likes

Couldnt agree more Lee.