Just saying hello - from Halifax

Normsky from Halifax West Yorkshire.
Hi all I am new to the idea of owning and flying a drone and a total novice , I presume you meet up at certain times and would appreciate knowing where and when so i could come along to watch and learn and get advise on what i need to start up , and where its available to be bought from , Thanks in anticipation Normsky

1 Like

Welcome Norman.
I am in Halifax, happy to met up. I like to fly up near Wainstalls on Cold Edge Road, out of the way, never get hassled.
Let me know when you are free, subject to weather.
If you click on my name, you can send a private message

1 Like

Hi Norman / @normsky123, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Drone flying for a lot of people is a solitary hobby - but some of our members do arrange meet-ups every now and then, in different locations. Keep an eye on posts in #club-meetups.
(The reasons it’s often solitary? Coordinating weather, diaries, work, other-halves, locations, and then things people like to video and photograph vary from person to person.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi. (I’ve also edited your thread title to include “Halifax” so that locals to you spot that you’re from there, without having to open the thread. :wink: )

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Hi there @normsky and welcome

Another Halifax lad here. I’m also on the very cusp of newness although I’ve been fortunate enough to acquire a machine already with the very great help of several on this forum. I may even have a machine you might be interested in.

I’ll leave you in the more than capable hands of @Mickydd who has already helped me loads and continues to do so as I try to develop my skill set

I’m sure we’ll meet up someday soon, so until then …