Ladybower Reservoir

This is a bit grainy in places because it was still early, but it’s turned out mostly ok.

Location details on DroneScene and Wikipedia.

11 Likes

I find film and photos of that reservoir amazing, :+1: :smile:
So When is someone going to fly into it, Now that would be serious viewing. :grimacing: :smile:

I guess that depends whether you’re happy to use the streamed/cached video, because I don’t think you’d get the drone back to download anything off the memory card!

I could probably have gone closer, but the zoom lens allowed me to stay at a height that felt safe enough.

:rofl:yeh! the last thing you want is your drone blocking the overflow,.

2 Likes

Would be seriously cool to lower an Insta360 camera down there by drone, right? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Even cooler on a helmet mount as you slide through it. :rofl:

Wonder if anyones ever fell in and lived to tell the tale.

I went at sunrise on a weekday (easier in the winter!), which did noticeably affect picture quality. I was passed by maybe 2-3 walkers and cyclists in the time I was there (one flight), I had no issues from any of them. It would in principle be legal to fly at busier times, but it could get difficult to maintain a safe separation during take-off and landing.

1 Like

Really cool vid love it :+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Stand further back

3 Likes

That is a mesmerising and brilliant bit of video !.

1 Like

Guess you’re just unlucky, I’ve only met 2 (initial) objectors in the 550 miles I’ve spent in the air.

1 Like