Legal or not?

I don’t believe there can be a civil action for breach of criminal law such as the ANO. I doubt the police would be very interested in criminal prosecution given the difficulty of proving the 50m distance one way or the other. That leaves the possibility of a private prosecution under the criminal law but I have no idea how feasible that is. It feels difficult to imagine happening, or if it did happen difficult to imagine it succeeding, for the same issue of evidence.

I think I agree totally with that, but of course with drone flights the flight logs are always fairly precise.

We had a diver down filming near one of the cages the other day and when we got back to the pontoon the police were waiting for us. They were all smiley because our cameraman was filming them and they muttered something about personal safety etc. but they do act like a private security firm sometimes.

Thanks for all the help.

What do you think about the idea of putting a disclaimer on the end of a video something like:

“Flights are carried out in strict accordance with the UK CAA Drone Code by a registered Drone pilot. No Restricted Flight Zones were entered and no NOTAMs were in force at the time”

Purely a personal view, but I think it’s better not to draw any attention to the legalities.

1 Like

I think that’s a very good point. I won’t do that after all.

I agree,

1 Like