Lippisch P.15 EDF Jet with HDZero and Headtracking

There is or was. I have an unused one for RC somewhere. Was a bit dear when I bought it…probably newer around and smaller nowadays,

Yes that would be pretty good. Though I expect the transition you be jarring even if possible.
The point of this is to keep it real, if you see what I mean.

It would be jarring, unless there was a way to transition between them smoothly by means of something like “Smooth Cut” in Davinci Resolve. That would probably require too much processing though.

1 Like

I have a cheapo one here. A free gift from work years ago. It’s been sat on my desk. I just happen to be in the office today. I’ll take it back home with me.

So an interesting experiment with the fresnel lenses…

Definitely some focusing going on there, but that’s with 6 layers of 3x magnification lenses held together. There us too much misting effect from the fresnel lenses altogether.
So, I guess a stronger single lens would be better?

1 Like

This looks really promising

1 Like

Oooh. I really expected that to not work. :grin:

1 Like

So a Jeweller’s Loupe worked better. This is 30x. I have a 20x on its way to see what that is like.

The lens is easily removed…

I’ve not implemented the cockpit console yet. But the first flights of the plane on Saturday were a massive success!

https://youtu.be/oL4ENo5Zvts

2 Likes

Oh Excellent… that looks and flies really great :clap: No current on your OSD but looking at battery voltage sag that must be pulling some high currents on throttling up, and I’m hoping your HDzero VTX was at 25mW as the signal strength on the four antennas was crap at that range :scream:

nice one mate. had a phone call from caravan site 12 caravans were broken into they came across farm fields a lot of damage.

There is no way to sense current on it due to the way it’s wired. The FC doesn’t have a pass through for the battery voltage, it just goes straight to the ESC like an old fashioned plane. I’m not worried though, it’s running on Lipos and it’s not supposed to be a long range plane, just something to blatt about the field with.

The VTX is using 200mW, but the antenna is a tiny little whoop style whip. I didn’t want to anything bigger on it. In the end there’s not much room in that canopy really!

Oh and if there is a big loss of signal somewhere in my video. That’s probably @notveryprettyboy switching on and very quickly switching off again…

1 Like

You could use a separate small current sensor, I’d expect the FC to have a current pad or any unused ANA pad, which can be calibrated in CLI

Yes, that could be done. But I have it all neat and tidy now. There’s a 6 pin JST connector between the plane and fuselage. It makes it nice and neat to work with. I’d have to add more wires…Take a look:

Only just caught up on this thread. Fantastic project! Reminds me that I have a few part-built plane projects like this knocking about that I need to sit down and get finished and flying.

1 Like

Some more flights…

3 Likes

Impressed by that mate - well done :+1:t2:
Looked a lot better on the 2nd flight when you turned up the vtx.

1 Like

Yeah, I kicked myself when I realised my mistake on the first flight. It makes a massive difference and you can’t change it easily mid flight without having set up the controller.

1 Like

You fuckin swore!

I do that a lot…