Litchi App Updates

There was also this post re the mini SDK being imminent, that Litchi will need before they can make Litchi compatible.

Updates are only needed for new models, pretty much, since what their app does has changed little in ages.

1 Like

I’m on the beta list for litchi and they thought they were looking at mid August, maybe sooner on the mini.

Yeah I’m on the Beta list too so I thought I’d ask Litchi Support the same question and this is their response.

“DJI has said they will add support for the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 in a future SDK update. This update is required for Litchi to support these drones. For the Mini, DJI is aiming to release support mid july 2020, and the Mavic Air 2 support will come after that. At the moment we don’t have details on which feature will be supported.”

So sounds like nothing has come out from DJI yet so obviously no development on Litchi’s side until that happens, I guess we just watch this space for a little longer.

A predictable response from Litchi.

History has proven Litchi to totally on the ball the instant the DJI provide the necessary SDK.

2 Likes

Anyone have any idea if and when Litchi will be available for the MA2?
From what I’ve read It would be ideal!

The forum search will often show that others have posed the same questions previously. :wink:

1 Like

Is there anyway I can do correctly? I’m new to this but feel I’m being reprimanded for asking for help

We try to keep all the same questions in 1 thread, it keeps it a lot neater.

There are several great Litchi threads already.

The same questions being asked usually go unanswered ;o(

https://greyarro.ws/search?q=Litchi

1 Like

Not a reprimand.

But multiple threads with identical/very similar questions, followed by all the same answers as to those previously, doesn’t offer any benefit to members - and no point of focus for a common topic.

To achieve this means a considerable amount of work for moderators, and with their available time limited we do ask the assistance of members to prevent unnecessary proliferation of common topics.

1 Like

Maybe so - perhaps I’m overthinking it, not always easy to find the correct topic.
Thanks for your help

I’ve found the best resource for Litchii is the Facebook group, as well as that they have always replied to any email enquiries I have sent too.

1 Like

The Mavic Mini is supported … partially.

4 Likes

I see Litchi have now released the full update log on their site, for both Android and iOS.

(I also note on their site that it’s a whole year since their last update.)

November 2020 Updates

iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark

Version 2.9.0 (November 20, 2020)

• added support for Mavic Mini 1, all flight modes are supported except waypoint which will come in a future update
  • added Follow mode
  • Panorama Database has been revamped, stitching is improved and you can now stitch up to 130 megapixels spherical panoramas on iPhone and up to 220 megapixels on iPad Pro
  • added new “Auto Stitch Panoramas” general camera setting. When enabled, after shooting a panorama, Litchi will automatically stitch it in low resolution in the background
  • added Simulator mode that can be used to simulate a flight, enable/disable it with a long press on the top bar’s flight mode (requires a connection to the drone)
  • added new “Switch Flight Mode” custom function to switch the Mavic Mini’s flight mode
  • added new Dynamic Homepoint setting
  • added support for Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) photo capture mode for Mavic Mini
  • AutoPano now shoots 360x110 spherical panoramas compared to 360x90 before
  • Mavic 2 Zoom’s optical zoom is now correctly reported in the UI
  • fixed bug where sharing a panorama on Facebook would fail
  • misc improvements and bug fixes

Android: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark

Version 4.18.0 (November 20, 2020)

• added support for Mavic Mini 1, all flight modes are supported except waypoint which will come in a future update
  • improved Follow mode
  • added Simulator mode that can be used to simulate a flight, enable/disable it with a long press on the top bar’s flight mode (requires a connection to the drone)
  • added new “Switch Flight Mode” custom function to switch the Mavic Mini’s flight mode
  • added support for Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) photo capture mode for Mavic Mini
  • AutoPano now shoots 360x110 spherical panoramas compared to 360x90 before
  • misc improvements and bug fixes

Being totally selfish - nice to see waypoints for the Mini 1 :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Good spot, I completely glossed over that and only focused on the Air 2 support.

1 Like

Air 2 waypoints! Now I can fly like I did with my original Air :slight_smile:

I see v.4.20.0 has dropped on Android.

1 Like

Maybe not…

No - it most definitely has - I have it installed.

Also - the issue with the CS was highlighted in my previous post.