Litchi App Updates

Have you read the quote from Litchi in the above post, they will try to restore support in the next update

Which doesn’t alter one thing about what I posted - that was specific to v4.20.0 - which does not support CS.

A future version won’t be v4.20.0 - and anything might happen in that. No inspire, no mavic, who knows.

But none of that diminishes the accuracy of what I posted re v4.20.0

1 Like

I’m not impressed that DJI are letting such an expensive product as CS stagnate. Android Five? Really?

I understand that they only continue in business by selling new shinys but support for products is indicative of their contempt for the consumer.

Sorry Dave my Bad I was trying to say that they are looking to reinstate support for Andriod 5/CrystalSky

1 Like

Which is another can of worms for them.

They obviously removed Android 5 compatibility before adding the new drones. (You wouldn’t add the drones with Android 5 compatibility for them and then remove all Android 5 compatibility.)

Adding back Android 5 compatibility to v4.20.0 for the next version would add all kinds of potential issues that would need to be Beta tested and debugged.

Probably safer(!?) to go back to a very stable (15 month old and Android 5 compatible) v4.19.0 and redo all the work of adding new new drones.

Either way makes me think that v4.21.0 will be a serious nightmare for them - and lots of Betas to be tested - or the may decide it’s just too big a snake-pit to climb into.

A dilemma for them.

:popcorn: time.

2 Likes

They also posted this, so we will see

Performance-wise, Litchi always ran like a dream on the CrystalSky.

It ran far smoother and faster than GO3, GO4 and Pilot ever did which is why it’s always been a favourite of mine (not to mention the number of retina-burning nits).

It pains me to say it but Litchi were right to drop support for Android 5, that OS is nearly eight years old and retaining that level of backwards compatibility was (is?) probably hampering their software development processes in general.

But fair play to them if they are going to somehow reinstate support for Android 5 :bowing_man:t2:

It’s a bollocks, isn’t it :confused:

That said, their Smart Controller is still way back on Android 7. Unsure about the new RC Pro :thinking:

The CS is only 32bit hardware too don’t forget, that too will hamper its longevity.

2 Likes

v.4.21.0 has dropped on Android.

3 Likes

No sign of Android 5 being added back in that one then.

We live in hope :slight_smile:

Can’t see that being done quickly, for reasons I already mentioned.

Really it’s DJI’s responsibility to release Android updates … but that’s even less likely, whilst they retain Android 5 compatibility on their apps. The easier route for them by far.

1 Like

v.4.21.1 has dropped on Android.

No real update - just a big fix adding the “.1” suffix.

1 Like

Fair play to Litchi :clap:

1 Like

Amazing!!!

Litchi with the Mini 2 on the CS :bowing_man:t2:

1 Like

There’s a new thread :wink:

v4.21.0 installed on the CrystalSky this morning, zero issues to report :clap:t2:

2 Likes

4.21.2-g has dropped on Google Play Store. (even though it still says 2 Feb).

I saw the iOS app was updated yesterday, similar release notes as Dave’s post above, but notably still missing the Mini 2 support.

I’ve still not heard anything on a potential iOS SDK release from DJI yet that will include Mini 2 support :man_shrugging:t2:

March was the last I heard

Was that from DJI, Chris?

Might need to register for the Developer site, not sure if normal DJI login works (its been a while)

https://developer.dji.com/user/roadmap/#msdk