Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

In answer to the title of this thread … Yes, at least for waypoints:
https://youtu.be/zI2uaqYUMkY

Hi Chris, I mean FPV mode or normal flying as I call it works great as does way points but active track doesn’t. I use iPad mini 4 for flying but a couple times it refused to connect although my controller had connected fine their was no connection to the app.
To be honest I’m not bothered about the active track I was just testing it out but my main concern was it failing to connect.
I love the way points on Litchi so much better than the GO 4 app especially the Litchi Hub.
If you could throw some light on the connection thing Chris that would be great. Cheers mate.

Might sound daft but have you tried a different cable, or perhaps the bottom connector on the RC see if the issues are the same (worth a try)

Cheers Chris I’ll give it a try. That could be possible as that would explain the image pixelation as well

Always worth a try, especially with app based issues

1 Like

Hi Guys, after a little help from those in the know.
I tried Litchi with a photo mission yesterday, wanting to take some photos looking in various directions. Rather than changing exposure for each image, I set the camera to AEB before the mission started so that it would take a five exposure bracket at each waypoint. The problem is that it didn’t.
When I started the mission, it seemed to changed the camera function to single shot. They were shot in RAW so were all saveable (see Uffington Castle and White Horse - Neolithic).
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the camera to AEB and have Litchi take the 5 exposure brackets? Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Not tried AEB in a mission.

:thinking: Once the mission has started, have you tried changing the camera setting to AEB before it reaches the first WP?

Now I’m asking myself why I haven’t! Makes a lot of sense.

I’ll give that a try. It might work. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

It might be worth using a “Stay for x secs” before taking the pic - to ensure it does not move on before the AEB is finished.

Just a thought, have you got curves set ? I think there are certain camera actions that done work unless you’re set to ‘straight lines’

I may be clutching at straws

1 Like

I played with that … the “Take Photo” is available on either, and no “Take AEB” on either.

1 Like

Does it actually do it though ?

I remember asking for panos, it let me plan them but the bugger wouldn’t do it in the air :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks Chris, but set to straight lines.

2 Likes

I’d probably add a “Stay for x secs” for that - might help.

Not tried pano in mission since they added it. Wasn’t there in the early days.

I’m sure Litchi is good but it doesn’t feel good spending £22 on an app for my phone :joy:

Then wait for Black Friday - 50%.

But it’s worth the money.

2 Likes

I am still haven’t mastered DJI Go :joy:

I will eventually but I don’t actually use any of the smart features all that much.

It’s worth it. :+1:

So good I bought it twice. (Android and IOS).

2 Likes

It does seem strange to spend hundreds of £££ on a drone and be reluctant to spend £22 to get the best range of functionality from it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes