Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

Thank you. Great idea.

Hopefully, this is the link

Now just need to sort out the second waypoint.

Just a quick observation (before the beer kicks in properly. damn you boris)

You only have 2 POI in there, was your intention to manually control the gimbal for the ‘top down’ shots you describe you wanted)

For the first half of the mission, I have the gimble set to -90

1 Like

Hi all, I have been using Litchi for a few days as an alternative to the GO4 app and found a couple of issues. The first is sometimes fails to connect on start up and the only way I managed to connect was opening the Go4 and closing it again.
Another is although it works great for way-points and normal flying if I try to use active track it can not keep track of the subject and the screen becomes pixelated and the drone flips all over the place trying to locate the subject. Has anyone else had these issues

Android or iOS ?

I’ve found I can quite happily swap apps in flight with no issue (iOS), mainly to view media.

Not tried it, but will have a go next time I am out, I would not class ‘Track’ as normal flying though.

In answer to the title of this thread … Yes, at least for waypoints:
https://youtu.be/zI2uaqYUMkY

Hi Chris, I mean FPV mode or normal flying as I call it works great as does way points but active track doesn’t. I use iPad mini 4 for flying but a couple times it refused to connect although my controller had connected fine their was no connection to the app.
To be honest I’m not bothered about the active track I was just testing it out but my main concern was it failing to connect.
I love the way points on Litchi so much better than the GO 4 app especially the Litchi Hub.
If you could throw some light on the connection thing Chris that would be great. Cheers mate.

Might sound daft but have you tried a different cable, or perhaps the bottom connector on the RC see if the issues are the same (worth a try)

Cheers Chris I’ll give it a try. That could be possible as that would explain the image pixelation as well

Always worth a try, especially with app based issues

1 Like

Hi Guys, after a little help from those in the know.
I tried Litchi with a photo mission yesterday, wanting to take some photos looking in various directions. Rather than changing exposure for each image, I set the camera to AEB before the mission started so that it would take a five exposure bracket at each waypoint. The problem is that it didn’t.
When I started the mission, it seemed to changed the camera function to single shot. They were shot in RAW so were all saveable (see Uffington Castle and White Horse - Neolithic).
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the camera to AEB and have Litchi take the 5 exposure brackets? Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Not tried AEB in a mission.

:thinking: Once the mission has started, have you tried changing the camera setting to AEB before it reaches the first WP?

Now I’m asking myself why I haven’t! Makes a lot of sense.

I’ll give that a try. It might work. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

It might be worth using a “Stay for x secs” before taking the pic - to ensure it does not move on before the AEB is finished.

Just a thought, have you got curves set ? I think there are certain camera actions that done work unless you’re set to ‘straight lines’

I may be clutching at straws

1 Like

I played with that … the “Take Photo” is available on either, and no “Take AEB” on either.

1 Like

Does it actually do it though ?

I remember asking for panos, it let me plan them but the bugger wouldn’t do it in the air :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks Chris, but set to straight lines.

2 Likes