Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

Read quite a few posts in this thread but still haven’t got a clue what the advantage(s) of Litchi would be

• Pre-programmed flight path without user intervention
  • Smoooooooooooooooooooth flying at all times - irrespective of flight path and camera heading / tilt or wind direction/strength (up to the drone’s wind limit, obviously).
  • Smoooooooooooooooooooth changes of camera heading and tilt
  • Totally repeatable - for comparative (split screen) videos - or single shot photos from the same position (in all three planes) with the camera pointing in the exact same direction/tilt to create time-lapse video.

Those a re just a few.

2 Likes

You need to get that ‘o’ key on your keyboard looked at I had a let e that use to do that sometimes :laughing: :wink:

Then its probably not for you (and its not yet available for your Mini)

1 Like

Ok, now I want one too😁

1 Like

I think OzoneVibe’s four reasons are spot on, and would add that, because of the first reason:

• Pre-programmed flight path without user intervention

there is a further advantage:

• fully testable flights. After creating your mission, drop it via Virtual Litchi Mission into Google Earth. Then watch your flight, prior to leaving home, as it neatly clears 3D mountains, buildings and trees and returns to where you want it… (or not!)
2 Likes

HI Everyone,
I’m fairly new to this forum (and to drone flying in general) but have been a photographer for more years than I care to admit to, which is why I bought the M2P. I never thought I would use the video on the drone, just like I never have on my cameras, but I was wrong. I am getting very heavily into it - and I might even get quite good at getting cinematic shots one day lol.
My query is regarding Waypoints. Initially that is all that I would intend to use it for. I have read on many forums and watched many videos on the subject but am just getting more confused and undecided. It SEEMS that the Waypoints of Litchi beats Waypoints 2, especially with the smoothness of the flying and offline setting up of routes, but I have seen many times of drones either getting lost or ‘going down’ with Litchi. This is obviously of great concern.
I would value members’ thoughts on this subject to help me decide one way or the other.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

I’ve never had a problem, and read of fewer instances of flyaways on Litchi than Go

Top tip, make sure your points are set to above ground level, and reccie the route beforehand to make sure that nothing has been built since the map you are relying on was published, and check for trees too :+1:

Sometimes I fly a new mission at max altitude first to get an idea before dropping it lower

2 Likes

Litchi is my regular flight app now, for every flight. It just works.

I don’t use GO4 at all anymore.

Granted, that doesn’t answer your question about waypoints but it’s a solid and very proven app.

2 Likes

Thank you. Very sound advice.

Thank you PingSpike, it does seem to be the case. From what I have seen on the Waypoints issue, it certainly does seem to have advantages and smoother flying.

I‘ve used Litchi exclusively for a couple of years now. It’s very capable and it’s mission handling is so easy. There are some Drone settings not in Litchi and need GO4 but only a few times a year :slightly_smiling_face:

Good advice from @milkmanchris here, I try to do the same

I’ve also used missions recently when testing hardware to exactly replicate a flight.

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

Firstly, I would like to thank those who suggested I use Litchi (at least pre-flying a mission lol). I have created a mission that I am nearly pleased with and tested (and re-tested again until I have it nearly right). It is showing 8miles!!
Can anyone point me towards splitting this mission into two? Or running the first half, stopping to return home, and then restarting the mission from where I left off (with a new battery)?

Thanks in advance.

Share them ?

Make them public in Litchi and share the link, we cannot make changes but will have a better idea seeing it

Do the mission in 2 halfs, fly the first part to a predetermined point, stop the video, fly back to your return point.
Go to your end point and do the same, so you have 4 parts, then join them all together, so the first part (outward flight) is joined to the second part (return flight).
There is the first part of your flight one end to the other, then join the remaining parts together to give yourself the full flight.
Hope that makes sense?.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you.

There is also the option when you load a mission to start at way point x.

You could fly it watching the battery making a note of which waypoint you stopped at.

Better in 2 missions I’d say and a bit of travel in between to lessen the distance to your opening shot on mission 2

1 Like

Hi, sorry to sound dumb, but I cannot see how to make the mission public from the mission hub.

Hang on, I’ve just unticked ‘Private’ for the mission. Will that do it?

1 Like

Yes it will, share it now (as a link)

You could duplicate the mission.
In one, delete the WPs after the midpoint.
In the other, delete the WPs before the midpoint.
It’s worth leaving one extra WP on each half to have a consistent flight past the midpoint WP.

4 Likes