Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

Yes, of course, how stupid. Sorry.

I have flown Litchi missions with both the M2Z and the A2S, so have used both the GO4 and the latest FLY app. Maybe this is the problem, I am expecting the same performance from the Litchi app that I get from the FLY or the GO4 app.

I usually take off and hover for 10 seconds when flying Litchi, just so I give the drone(s) time to orientate and get a fix. Then I let Litchi fly the mission.

My default action on end-of-mission, is to RTH. I have watched it performing this enough for it to raise concerns about where it thinks ā€œHomeā€ is.

Although, having said that, my last waypoint is almost always next to my first. The most I have ever let these two waypoints get apart is about 10ft.

@PingSpike - GADC is big in Swindon right now.

2 Likes

Hope I am not just late to the party with this one.

Be aware that the latest DJI firmware for the Air2S appears to break Litchi, Maven and Dronelink.

Firmware version v02.04.23.20

I think there was another firmware update just after that, but it didnā€™t resolve the issue.

The issue presents as this.

Upon completion of the firmware update when you try to take off, you will get an ā€œUnknown error (code: 180)ā€. This means you can not take off at all with any of these third-party apps and I donā€™t think either DJI or Litchi know what is causing the problem. Thereā€™s certainly no mention of a fix at the present time.

The most up to date information from the Litchi forums is here;

Air 2S Firmware 2022-10-26 Error

Luckily I spotted this before going flying today. As soon as I turned on my Air2S I got the new firmware notification, but have not installed it. I wonā€™t until I start seeing people talking about a working bugfix.

@B0M0A0K
Something similar happens on the Mini SE but with an error 167, unable to take off.

1. connecting to the dji app,
  2. disconnecting and
  3. reverting to Litchi again

solves it for a while.

I canā€™t update the drone firmware as it is on the recommended DH version, and donā€™t want to lose that.

Worth taking up with Litchi.

Well, Iā€™m not sure how folks take to cross-threading, but this seems like a recipe for trouble;

This is one of the last entries from the Litchi forum

Switching apps mid-flight is asking for trouble. I have experienced the dangers of this first-hand.

This seems to be a known issue as far as Litchi is concerned and seems related to the new DJI Firmware enforcing Remote ID.

Known Issues in Litchi

Chances are that Litchi are working on an update.

One of the best reasons to not hurry firmware updates ā€¦ you can never be sure of the new problems. :wink:

That is VERY sage advice sir.

I had always been under the misconception that you HAD to perform a new DJI firmware update, Iā€™m glad to see that this is not the case here :hot_face:

Litchi have always been as on the ball as the DJI appi version available to them allows them to be. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Letā€™s hope so. I think this one has caught alot of people out, including the Litchi Dev team. Iā€™m hoping noting the problem here will help other members avoid the issue until a fix appears. I only found out about it by accident.

1 Like

I wonder why the issue didnā€™t come to light when DJI turned on Remote ID for Japan back in June? :thinking:

There is a new beta version on android/ios which should fix this issue

Like Dave said, these Litchi boys donā€™t fuck around do they :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, but as @OzoneVibe said, I wonā€™t be rushing to be the first one to try Litchiā€™s solution. I will hold off the DJI Firmware upgrade until I see how others have gotten on with the new version of Litchi before taking the plunge.

As a somewhat new Litchi user, I donā€™t want to see my ability to keep using it pulled out from under me while I am still learning. :confounded:

Litchi I trust.

It was DJI firmware/app updates Iā€™d recommend holding off a while.

Also, look at what an updates is claiming it is changing, and decide if itā€™s relevant to your usage. If not, the need to update may be zero.

1 Like

I just try again and it works on second attempt :man_shrugging:

Looks like the fix has arrived.

1 Like

Outstanding! Thanks very much for posting this. I will do the firmware update on my A2S and update the Litchi app and then test.

Now, if I could just get a break in the rotten weather here :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Virtual Litchi Mission users!

Litchi changed things on their Hub - and VLM crash sending the mission to Google Earth.

Now fixed with v2.8.0 :+1: