Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

Hmmm - not actually tried. #AddsToListOfThingsToTest

99% sure you can …. in as much as I know you can when using in (what I call) Zip Wire Mode …. which (a) has no POIs and also (b) has no speed set up at all (mission settings or WPs).

But - thinking about it - you can change camera heading when the mission is being flown. On my first flight to the Isle of Wight my camera heading/tilt wasn’t as I wanted and, without pausing the mission’s progress, I could change both.

That is the only (kind of) downside with Litchi …. so many variables to take into consideration. But I also like the challenge.

2 Likes

How do you work out the height needed if planning pn the PC? Do you have a set height and change that as the drone ‘does its thing?’

You can set the height based with take-off as zero, or (where there is Google Earth 3D data) as height above the ground.

1 Like

You could build in the pause then add rotate aircraft for an automated pan

1 Like

I seem to recall those WP rotations are rather rapid.

Also - you can’t use WP actions with curved missions …. and it’s the curves make everything nice and smooth.

1 Like

They look ok slowed down in post as long as there is little movement on the ground.

With no curves its best to put the stop and stay commands in otherwise its very much wild mouse at Blackpool type ride ;o)

I use no curves for photo missions - never for video missions.

1 Like

:rofl:

Is Litchi suggesting I’m insane?

Oh - OK. Just wondered … :wink:

1 Like

Might just make it there and back on one battery
Let us know how you get on

Might need a bigger battery. :thinking:

Youtube live, let me know the link

YouTube live might kill the battery - I’d switch the RC off too - no point running the RC battery down.
Of course - I need to change the mission settings to RTH at the end …. how did I overlook that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that at default cruise speed ?
You may get better endurance with a bit more speed.

Head winds! I didn’t consider Head Winds!
I think that’s scuppered the plan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well … if you can get it up into the jet stream , you might be ok for the return leg.

1 Like

400ft limit! Mustn’t forget the 400ft limit! :imp:

2 Likes

Oh right . And VLOS ?

1 Like

Tracking by inflatable.

Don’t forget your butties and a flask, might be a long flight

2 Likes