Looking for a second opinion on a 4K video

I am looking for a second opinion.

I took this video on Mini 2 with 4K settings. Looking at it closely I see that i doesn’t look like 4K video and the video is blurry/out of focus.

If you see differently then please let me know. If you see what I am seeing please let me know the solution to correct this issue that I am having.

Thanks in advance.

What are you asking? Whether it’s 4K res or not? Whether it’s been upscaled?

@dulcificum I am asking to see if it is a 4K res and clear. Thanks.

You can just look at the file to see whether it’s in 4K res.

Looks 4k, cant tell if its native or been upscaled

Looks in focus to me, but I’m on a 13 inch MBP at the moment.

1 Like

The file kind is - MPEG-4 movie

1 Like

@milkmanchris Thank you.

Looks fine on my 55" screen.

A good indicator of a 4K file is the file size. My files average about 350-400MB per minute.

@clinkadink Thank you for taking time to check this out on your 55" screen.

The file size is 321MB for 26 sec video - so within your average file size.

Just played it on my iMac which has 4.5k retina display and it looked nice and clear to me.

2 Likes

Just look at the resolution of the file. If it’s 4K then it’s 4K.

1 Like

I would say more an indication of bitrate. 4K video can vary massively in filesize/bitrate depending on content and framerate.

1 Like

If YouTube is set to auto quality, it may default to a lower resolution playback depending on your internet speed. You can try and force it to playback in 4k in the quality menu:

4K, looks fine on 65” OLED….:+1:

Thank you for taking time to see the video on 65"

Show off :rofl:

Looks fine to me too. Clean your video screen? :joy:

Or new glasses ?

55"? That’s the portable :joy: The 65" is in the lounge :crazy_face:

Jokes aside. I wanted a 40" 4K monitor for my office, so I can tile 4 windows, each at 1080P/HD. But “monitors” at that size are WAY too much. So I bought an 55" LG OLED TV with a 120hz panel for nearly half the price of the 40" monitor :man_shrugging:

Meanwhile my wife has to be happy with 6", and even then it’s an exaggeration :rofl: