Lost Drone DJI Mini2 Can anyone help?

But, if that were the case, they also managed to find it, pick it up and take it a distance of just over 1 mile in 53.7 seconds?

Somehow, I very much doubt that’s possible.

With only 7 satellites, I’m confident that last location is an erroneous one due to very poor GPS fix. Quite probably further compromised by it being in a position with limited view of the sky meaning those satellites are (mainly) extremely high in the sky - a scenario that can result in very large horizontal positioning errors.

IMO - that final location can be totally ignored.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. I have now applied and will try asking there

Just be sure to include the fact that you were flying over the fields and it might have got blown over there. Otherwise you’ll get loads of people accusing you of being a perv or something.

1 Like

Good luck m8

keep trying you have got all the information from this site airdata and the the dji find my drone

I’d be looking in this area
hope you find it, next time if you can’t fly it back just land, keep it safe and then go and find it!!

2 Likes

My dear friends. Thank you all so much for your help and advice. I prepared a letter that I posted through 50 doors this morning asking people to look in their gardens, asked a couple of shops to post the sheet in their windows and then set off for home. After 20 minutes driving I got a call from a very nice guy called Mike who said “I’ve got your drone! it came down in my garden and I forgot about it” I drove back and recovered it from Mike put a nice warm scarf around it and dried it in a warm room. I powered it up and it chirped so that was a great start. At the moment it is not connecting to the controller (Invalid remote controller) Do you think I need to unbind and rebind the controller?
Anyway, Thanks again for all your help. I shall not make those same mistakes again! And a prayer to St Jude always comes in handy. He’s never let me down yet. dronelocation Look for the yellow arrow in the purple blob :slight_smile: !

16 Likes

Maybe it landed in a truck or other vehicle ?

1 Like

That is really good news ! :+1:

Yep

Do the binding process, or…it isn’t actually your drone, but you would know if it was due to flyer ID sticker. Yeah forget that :man_facepalming:

So - 70mph in a built up area … and by road it’s nearer 1.25 miles, so really fast!

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Great news! :+1:

woot …great news …pleased for you …

Now tell us what you plan to do differently or we will come round and take the poor thing off you befor you lose it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just tried but it says its marked as a flyaway so I have written to DJI to unmark it now that its found. Hopefully sorted soon

4 Likes

Amazing, my purple blob was nearly spot on. Really glad you found it, just learn from your mistakes and land it somewhere safe if you lose the ability to fly back.

Pleased you found it though.

5 Likes

just looking at where it came down you were v v v lucky it didnt drop on a car on that main road and cause a huge accident …

Not advocating complacency but I think it would be “v v v” unlucky for a Mini 2 to cause a huge accident even if it did fall on a car.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

hits a windscreen , the driver panics , turns the wheel , mows down a bunch of people at the bus stop … unlikely but entirely possible

Glad you found it @GrahamPhoto - and fair play to you for going to the effort of a leaflet drop.

Congrats on your new Drone Rescue badge :smiley:

6 Likes

Where’s the bus stop?

1 Like