Lost Drone DJI Mini2 Can anyone help?

Thanks you are right and we drove over there and looked all round. No sign. But that location is entirely inconsistent with wind speed and direction. I have no idea how it could have ended up there unless someone saw it picked it up and took it straight home?

I’m going back there to look inside the cone of possibility. I will take a printed sheet offering a reward.

2 Likes

Might be worth taking your controller :+1:t2: you may get lucky and pick up signal. :crossed_fingers:t2:

Good luck! I’m too far away to be able to come and help … lockdown or no lockdown.

Something is puzzling me. Where you show me the baro alt, the speed is showing positive yet the drone is going further away from the home distance.

Speed is speed without recognition of direction, or home position…

Fly a circle at a constant speed and the log with show a constant speed throughout.

Just for information. The DJI 2 Mini is advertised as being able to fly in winds up to 23.7 MPH
“#### Level 5 Wind Resistance (29-38 kph)
Stable footage in even more locations and conditions.”

I just went to the DJI Site to check on RPI for the replacement. And noticed the Claim for Wind speeds as follows!
" Level 5 Wind Resistance (29-38 kph)
Stable footage in even more locations and conditions."
Thats up to 23.7mph… coincidence

And once you get higher, the windspeed increases as does the gusting speed. At my address right now it looks lovely and calm to my eyes and the windspeed on the ground is fine. Once you get 200 feet up though…

38kph is 23.61mph. You exceeded the max limit sadly.

1 Like

My mini 2 forced a landing at 6% power remaining.

1 Like

The thing that is puzzling me is the wind direction compared to the drones flight path? Or am I missing something

It won’t hit it square on. It’s probably being turned as it goes.

Forced landing you can still steer it but it’s always descending … I took my MA2 to 0% and still steered it down safely in the last few feet .,died as it landed …

The question was at what % does it force a landing, my answer was it forced the landing at 6% by the time I got it to where I needed it to be it was at 1% :+1:

1 Like

It’s a 3 m/s descent rate in no wind and it took only 60 seconds to go from 20% to 10% battery. It might not have made it all the way down with power

You can keep it flying as well. I kept mine up long enough to hand land it rather than drop it into the grass. Finally caught it at 3%. Got too old to run!!

Taking in to account that at 6% it would try to force a land and 3 m/s descent rate plus factoring in the wind drift, say 28mph. This might narrow the area a little. Apologies for the working but no actual answer :roll_eyes:

As @Goddardn01 suggested, property off Dale St / Worsley Rd is worth a try :man_shrugging:t2: seems a fair bit away from last known point but to rule it out.

Might be worth checking out some neighbourhood facebook groups

1 Like

I think I’d be tempted to sit in the car somewhere around the ares at the weekend for a couple of hours with the controller switched on. I suspect someone has picked it up, hence the second reading in a slightly different area.

Local facebook is a good idea. Also keep an eye on eBay for any that pop up in your area. It’s such a shame you can’t brick them via a command.