Lost Mavic 2

Indeed it is. But one you need to connect a computer directly to the M2P to recover.

Well, I guess we can just speculate until DJI responds. Fingers cross. Will put up a fight, even if itā€™s futile!

2 Likes

I wish you all the best on that one! :+1:

One final question, are DJI good at being fair with decisions or is it nearly impossible to get a warranty replacement?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t have thought so.

As @OzoneVibe said, if can play merry havoc with obstacle avoidance and Iā€™ve be witnessed this first hand many a time.

But to cause a flayaway? No. Never.

Hmmm ā€¦ Iā€™d imagine, like most companies, they wriggle out of a claim if they can ā€¦ particularly where the only evidence is a log ā€¦ and no actual item.

Iā€™ve seen people report great response, others not so good. It may depend upon whoā€™s desk it lands on.

Thanks guys, might need to save again if not. Love the Mavic, feel Iā€™ve been very unlucky so far as Iā€™m a very careful pilot. Definitely wonā€™t be my last flight with a MP2. If the wonā€™t replace, would the just sell the aircraft and not the remote etc?

Dam, Sorry for your loss. Absolutely gutting reading threads like this and worrying too.

2 Likes

Always a chance it will end happy :crossed_fingers:

I feel your pain, I hope you are lucky enough to get DJI to replace it for you.

1 Like

Iā€™ve done nothing wrong mate. I know itā€™s going to be hard but I will argue this

I know you havenā€™t, read my Inspire thread.

Unlucky mate, what have DJI said?

It is secondhand to me and a few years old now, no point in contacting them as it wouldnā€™t be covered.

Sorry for your loss Olid34 - good work OzoneVibe on your detective work!!

Hi, itā€™s Brian, the guy who invited you over from the Mavic Pilots, glad to have you with us. Wish it was in better circumstances.
I would argue with DJI, if they donā€™t accept your claim, that such a catastrophic sudden loss of power is a result of a bad soldered? connection either in the battery or the drone itself.
As I said over on the other site, itā€™s unlikely a bird strike as it would record the hit and loss of control. The only other possibility is the battery popped out when it came to a sudden stop from full elevation. If this is the case, then it suggests that either the main body is flexing under load, allowing the battery to ā€˜pop outā€™ or the battery doesnā€™t clip in frm enough to overcome G forces with a sudden stop.

1 Like

Thank you Brian. Glad I found this site. When I do get a replacement we can discuss much happier topics!

Yes, Iā€™m hoping DJI are fair with this. It isnā€™t, as you know, a toy. It was a sophisticated photography tool that failed.

Iā€™ll wait to see the response and will share it on here. Let battle commence!

1 Like

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

This is Lydia from data analysis team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

For your case CAS-2381915-Q9L1Q1, we have finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode during the flight;

2. T=12 s, the flight log showed " battery state absent";

3. T=168 s, h=84.8 m, D=211 m, the flight log showed ā€œbattery state absentā€ again, then the data ended.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by a product malfunction. Please pay attention to the battery installation before launching the aircraft.

If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 15% off discount for Mavic 2 Pro without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the offer:

Shipping address:

Contact name:

Phone number:

So, they are suggesting you didnā€™t insert the battery fully and become lose during flight?

DJI responseā€¦
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

This is Lydia from data analysis team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

For your case CAS-2381915-Q9L1Q1, we have finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode during the flight;

2. T=12 s, the flight log showed " battery state absent";

3. T=168 s, h=84.8 m, D=211 m, the flight log showed ā€œbattery state absentā€ again, then the data ended.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by a product malfunction. Please pay attention to the battery installation before launching the aircraft.

If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 15% off discount for Mavic 2 Pro without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the Following offer. 15% off an aircraft only.

Can the battery just pop out after itā€™s clicked in? Surely thatā€™s not my fault as it flew until this disaster.

What do you think?