Lost Mavic 2

Those two .txt files you posted above … that’s all you sent DJI?

I would have thought that it would be difficult to improperly insert the battery especially since you have to push down on the battery button to turn the aircraft on. Could you have subsequently accidently pressed the side release buttons when moving the drone prior to take-off?

I sent DJI tex Data and the DAT data. I deafly didn’t touch the battery pre flight. I moved the aircraft toilets take a position and inspected it before it took off making sure that the batteries in place! My concern is, hypothetically speaking even if I did accidentally dislodged the battery, why on earth with that aircraft takeoff If it wasn’t connected properly?

I sent DJI tex Data and the DAT data.

Then there must be something different in the DAT.
Send it over. :+1:

If it’s above 10mb (probably is) stick it on Dropbox or similar.

:+1:

Thanks, let me know what you think

1 Like

2018-10-18_17-48-55_FLY011.DAT

Is that the final DAT that you have?

Yeah mare

Yes mate

Hi Oli,

DJI can be awkward when a flight log shows no malfunction but ends abruptly.

The way they see it is there is no evidence of malfunction and seem to overlook the fact it failed suddenly.

Battery unclipping was once a problem on MP where people didn’t push it down fully. There is a lot of assumption these days that a sudden failure could be an unclipped battery but could also be a hardware issue.

A few pointers.

If the aircraft did fail, the chances are it’s still close to the last reported location. Might be worth having another look to see if you’ve missed it.

Second keep at DJI and don’t accept any fob offs.

You might have some other options if you purchased from a UK retailer or used a credit card or loan to buy it.

7 days and 14 tides since … the final trajectory was off towards the sand @ 40+kph … so no chance now.

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t realise it was so long since the incident.

Will be long gone.

Thank you Callum. I think you’re right DJI Bar hoping that I accept their offer and walk away quietly. However, I’m really going to fight this as I know that I connect the battery into place correctly, hearing a click as I did it.

The aircraft was hovering when it lost power. Therefore, how could the battery just unclick itself? No G forces on the aircraft so I’m thinking that this is either a battery issue or a mechanism issue. Worth a fight I think!

2 Likes

Definately.

You can’t prove it malfunctioned but at the same time they can’t prove it didn’t.

If you are sure the battery was fully inserted then why should they get away with it.

Where did you buy it and how did you pay?

Are you a member on the DJI forums?

1 Like

I’m still trawling the data. Still a chance I find something to help your fight,

3 Likes

Really appreciate your efforts

Via amazon so apparently it’s hard to claim on the credit card under section 75

Was it sold/fullfilled by Amazon or a third party seller?
Section 75 is not applicable to the likes of PayPal but Amazon being a selling platform is slightly different.

If you bought directly from Amazon there is a good chance they will help.