Lost Mavic 2

Ill explore that. Thank you

1 Like

Just lost my home internet ā€¦ and I need that to do more analysis.
Back as soon as I can.

2 Likes

If you did purchase directly from Amazon heres what to do.

Open a text document and start typing up your issue, keep it brief and polite as you will be pasting it into live chat.

Explain what happened, that you still have box, controller and accessories and that DJI have fobbed you off with an excuse.
Also explain there are other reported incidents where they have suddenly dropped out the sky and warranty was accepted as it could be recovered. You do not feel the drone was fit for purpose etc.

Get on to live chat and paste in what youā€™ve wrote as a message.

They are normally really helpful and they might issue an RMA for you and then they take it up with DJI.

Brilliant advice. Thank you

1 Like

Image with email from DJI

1 Like

Hmmm - thatā€™s intresting - itā€™s kind of what Iā€™ve found - but now I know the parameter name to look for ā€œBatpresentā€.

Was in the middle of a loooooong spiel ā€¦ now I need to do more checking, LOL

1 Like

What does this tell you? Sudden loss of power? What does battery state absent mean?

Batpresent, seems to be new, I donā€™t think that was on older AC.

Itā€™s binary 1 or 0. I wonder what the conditions are for it.

Maybe monitoring the balance terminals on battery?

DatCon didnā€™t list it.
Theyā€™ve played about with stuff on the M2P. Even KML arenā€™t being correctly created from Dat Con.
Iā€™ve several thoughts about all this going on in my head ā€¦ itā€™s taking a time gathering the bits of info to support them ā€¦ and then try and create a post that makes any sense ā€¦ AND be useful when @Olid34 goes back to them.

head spinning

Iā€™ve not even had breakfast, damn it! ā€¦. dog-with-a-bone-syndrome

2 Likes

Oli - Donā€™t go back to DJI for a moment ā€¦ Iā€™ve a load of stuff Iā€™m trying to marshal into an intelligible post for you to throw back at them.

Thank you so much. Iā€™ll hold fire

Hope you get a satisfactory resolution. I donā€™t envy you and I admire your calmness. Iā€™d be about ready to throttle someone at this point.

Following this, itā€™s always sad when this happens especially when you consider the amount of Ā£ we spend. I just canā€™t think why a battery that has clicked in place go dead other than an internal battery failure of some sort.

All the best though eh!

Iā€™ve not fallen asleep, :wink:

Sending you a long PM soon. :+1:

I feel your pain

Although I have never taken off with battery not fully seated, you can (on my MP anyway) have it not properly click in at one side and still switch on. It happened to me only today, insert new battery, pick up drone by battery edges and realise its not in properly.

Iā€™d go with advice above especially if you bought from Amazon, I have always found them to be excellent, but Iā€™ve always had something in hand to send them back

PM sent! :+1:

1 Like

Dave, itā€™s bloody good of you to help a fellow droner in distress !, letā€™s hope all your hard work is not in vain.
I know I would be gutted if this happened to me, as careful as I am at making sure everything is right, before I fly, but ,even I am not infallible !.
But the response from DJI Stinks !, cop out, call it what you may.
I must get my head around how these flight logs are broken down into intelligible data that us ā€œmuppetsā€ can read and more importantly understand.
Iā€™m not ā€œEinsteinā€ but not bad at getting to the bottom of things.
Good luck, letā€™s hope @Olid34 gets a good result with your help!.
Top Marks Dave!.

2 Likes

@Olid34 I hope youā€™re able to keep us updated with the DJI conversations mate :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s EXTREMELY obvious if the battery isnā€™t seated before takeoff. Howeverā€¦ Iā€™ve just tested this scenario on M2Zoom and it is possible to power on the M2Z without the battery fully seated - AND remove it without pressing the buttons on the sides while itā€™s powered on - It would be quite obvious to you when installing the battery but it looks like it gives DJI significant wriggle-room :frowning:

Mavic 2 Battery Loose Test.MOV (7.8 MB)

2 Likes

Firstly I checked the battery before the flight. Secondly you have to push down on the button to turn the thing on. Thirdly, every thing was fine until a sudden moment when the aircraft was hovering. Why would the battery pop out while hovering?