M2Z camera upgrade advice please

Looking at changing camera from zoom to Hasselblad seen a few on eBay and submitted offer on one, anyway has any member actually done this upgrade and if so was it ok, I have read various reports on gimbal going crazy and error codes and some say it was a straight forward swap with no updates needed…thanks

2 Likes

@callum has done this … from M2P to Zoom. He’ll be best to advise on this.
It all went fine for him.
He swaps them back and forward ok as needed.

2 Likes

Yes like @OzoneVibe said, I do this without issue.

Zooooooom!

5 Likes

I would sell the zoom and buy the pro rather than do the changes yourself

Why? It’s dead easy - 4 screws and a couple of connectors. And gives you the option to use either.

If you want to swap back and forward your idea would just be an expensive pain.

4 Likes

Oh ok thought it would be harder than that

4 Likes

It’s a doddle mate.

Like Dave said few screws and a connector.

1 Like

How long does it take you to swap them, @callum?

1 Like

Probably about 3 minutes.

I really need to take a small magnet to hold screws while I’m swapping over and would be even quicker.

2 Likes

I’m surprised you’ve not made a 3D-printed quick release mount for it yet @callum :thinking:

Oh…

Wait…

3 Likes

Yeah, knowing my luck with 3D printers the camera would fall off and cause some freak “final destination” style accident

Not that I have one.

Fuck them, fuck them all.

I’m still bitter

2 Likes

Thanks guys I’ll go for it, been happy with zoom but now I want to give night filming a go specially the fireworks…:+1:

2 Likes

What’s the going price on Pro camera mate?

One removed from a pro is currently £420 or best offer on eBay I have put offer in just waiting for his counter offer, there is also a £25 voucher code.

3 Likes

@callum I asked the question to Flycarus about if I changed then how would my insurance stand and the reply: Thank you for reaching out, and a good question.

Unfortunately should you change the camera on your Mavic 2 Zoom to a Mavic 2 Pro Camera, this would void your warranty with DJI and subsequently void your insurance with us.

I understand that you might be more than capable of doing this, however as an individual, any work you carry out on your drone is unwarranted, and you are ultimately customising your drone which we do not allow in our policies.

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kindest Regards,

Ouch wish I had done this before I purchased the bloody thing

2 Likes

I’ve not got insurance but If I had I’d just have switched the camera back to standard when/if required.

Would never have thought about it being a mod to be honest.

So they are saying any work whatsover done by yourself will void the policy.

That’s crazy for something like a drone where most users would repair their own stuff.

4 Likes

You’d wonder if that would include lights, skins and perhaps even landing legs

I wouldn’t advocate lying to an insurance company, I’ve seen their investigation teams on that shit BBC daytime programme.

2 Likes

Best not upgrade the firmware, then!

1 Like

Never have :wink:

.700 is king in these parts

4 Likes

I moved mine forward far just enough to get panos - whilst retaining “control”.

3 Likes