Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom Chat

Why would you go for the Mavic Pro Zoom, as apposed the Pro ?, @Dougie

Because although the pro has a better camera the zoom has the dolly feature which I think I would want more than the better camera. I dont even own a 4k television and so the zoomā€™s camera will be well good enough for me. Also the zoom costs Ā£1099 where the 2 pro costs Ā£1299. and later DJI talking about later offering a service where repalcing the zoom camera with the pro if i ever did feel the need for the better camera. The Mavic 2 Zoom costs less that the mavic 2 pro. The zoom as the zoom feature and the zoom camera quality is more than I would actually need.

3 Likes

Ummā€¦Justifiable answer.
I personally would be going for the Pro, purely on the Camera.
20 mp - 1" sensor would give astounding resolution for a drone.
I guess itā€™s just individuals own personal needs.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen a video where someone shows itā€™s a real doddle to swap over oneself. Just a few easily accessible screws and a multi-pin cable connector.
Nothing like the fiddle of the MP!
Wonā€™t be long before the complete camera/gimbal assemblies are available (eBay from China) and then one can swap either way when one wants.
IF (thatā€™s a very large ā€œIFā€) I go the M2 route, that will be my intention and (errrrrrr) justification. :wink:

I see Dave that they (DJI) have already hiked up the price of the Mp2 !
Thatā€™s a sure fire way of pissing people off !, including me!
Iā€™m sitting on the fence at the mo, would like one, but, cannot justify it at present.

I certainly canā€™t justify buying the MP almost 2 years ago. :wink:

Seems several DJI things have gone up ā€¦ even the M2 Fly More Combo pack has gone up. (Sold separately to the actual drone.)

1 Like

:scream:

Get one bought Chris before they become collectors items
You know you want a full set ā€¦:grin:

1 Like

Me too. And you can do a dolly zoom effect with any dron, there s a great video by drone supremacy on how

1 Like

Do you know Jeff ?, I would love that, but, I am slowly getting paranoid about the drones taking over !
I lie awake dreaming that they will take over the house, and I, will become a slave to them.
Must confess !, I nearly hit the buy it now button a couple of times yesterday !.
I had a half a bottle of plonk last night, after a Wine trip to Calais yesterday, and thought the better of it !.

Had Ā£17 credit in my dji account for some reason.

Ordered the PGY tech Ocean digital camo skin.

mobile_e7ec3e91-c820-4b70-b0b9-516c88c63765

2 Likes

Well done
Thatā€™s the worst time to buy anything I know I am that manā€¦
And have all the shit sorry I mean gadgets I should ever need

1 Like

pics when finished please ā€¦ ill do the same

Wow, unbelieveable video. Canā€™t believe there werenā€™t several law enforcement officers waiting for him to land!

Sorry, Iā€™m much further North :grin:

2 Likes

How are you guys dealing with the M2P H.265 10Bit video?

Im using 4K30 HQ 10bit DLOG-M and importing into resolve studio.

Generate optomised media, minor edits, fix lens distortion and apply DLOG-M to REC 709 lut.

Exporting to H.264 on best setting gives random flicker/flashes starting around 90s into video.

H.264 is fine and have still to try 8bit H.265.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not noticed any issues with H.265 to H.264 conversion in 8-bit mode using Resolve. Iā€™m a newbie to that editor and I donā€™t see the option to output in H.265 format. Given that my iPad doesnā€™t seem to like any flavour of H.265, Iā€™m sticking to H.264 shooting for now. I would rather keep the video in one compression format if poss and not do any transcoding.

2 Likes

Yeah only H.264 output.

For 10bit you can export in cineform YUV 10bit but files are massive.

Recording in 10 bit gives you the full dynamic range of sensor, even if you are going to export in 8 bit.

2 Likes

I clearly need to do my homework on this and some A-B testing.

1 Like

Trying premiere again.

4 minute 10bit 4k clip with lens correction and colour grade.

H.265 export, 25Mb, max render quality, max depth.

Started off 30 minute remaining and now jumped to 5hrs!!!

I give up for now.

8 bit H.264 it is. Just wish they had a log colour profile.