Mavic Air 2 RTH issue?

Who looks at the lights !!

More to the point WRTFI

3 Likes

I clearly do :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Need to get flying lol, keep buying bits for it while waiting on weather lol. Do like the Shadow Camo Skin it now has lol

Lockdown can’t end quick enough, you need to get out more pal :wink:

1 Like

Haha its so easy to buy things for them, I’ve looked at a few things for mine but I can’t decide on a skin for it yet, definitely want one on there after watching the birds circle it yesterday, was just waiting on one to dive at it, they wasn’t interested when I flew lower but soon as I got some height again, they all came back, didn’t help I was next to a woodland so was expecting a few bigger birds to suddenly take it out of the sky

Yep, I keep looking at add-ons as well. I’m trying to resist. I do like the wraps you can get though and leg extensions, strobes, lens filters, drop modules, etc. Zzzzzzzz. :grin:
Definitely out to play on Sunday. Might even give one of my Helicopters some exercise. It’s been a while since I’ve had a decent repair job to do.

3 Likes

To be honest, I didn’t realise how many add-ons are available! One thing I do definitely plan on buying is a hard case for transporting it, every time I put it in the car I’m worried about taking a corner fast or having to slam on brakes and throwing it across the car but will still keep its original bag to walk it round town and look a bit more discreet.
Hoping the weather is good for us all over the weekend, I’m hoping to experiment with the tracking and special photo features a bit more and possibly get a few photos that my family have asked me to try getting for their friends.

2 Likes

Got Already:
Drone, dji Refresh, Mem Card, landing Mat, Strobe, Skin, tablet holder, Drone Pilot ID Card and Liability insurance.

To Get : Tablet as had to send new one back (Need 64 Bit, one that was ordered was 32 bit) Hard Case, 1 more extra battery and a Done Pilot Hi-Viz

Then maybe a mini 2 lol :wink:

1 Like

You’ve got serious add-on- itis FireStorm. :grinning:

tiger83,
this is what happens, as you have a point from GPS from space that point will always remain there as people for get the earths rotation move’s hence your start of point will move.
i have found this my self and moved my mat to near where it lands about four feet away from start.
the longer your drone is in the air the more your start point moves and as you have it on return home mode, this has been the case where ever you fly around the world.
hope this solves your problem as it has helped others. ps. don’t for get the earth is spinning

Hi Tiger83,

May be worth mentioning that you should consider the material you take off from as the location sensors can be affected by metallic surfaces. Avoid lifting off from metals (car roof, inspection covers and even steel re-inforced concrete) as this can “throw” landings out by a way.

1 Like

GPS is not affected by the spin of the earth, for a full Explanation on how GPS works:

https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/howgpsworks.php

1 Like
DJI MA2 Spec

Hovering Accuracy Range
Vertical:
±0.1 m (with vision positioning)
±0.5 m (with GPS positioning)

Horizontal:
±0.1 m (with vision positioning)
**±1.5 m (with GPS positioning)**

I’m always surprised how many people use/rely on RTH.

The noise it makes is enough to never use it, as for letting it land itself…

3 Likes

I tried it once when I got my M2P, impressed that it landed dead centre of my mat, but I haven’t used it since. I take off from a landing mat but now I always hand catch my M2P rather than land.

1 Like

May of used it once, just to show someone who was interested…

Look what my drone can do :smirk::relieved:

The thing is, I was only in the air no more than 15 minutes, the drone landed a few metres further from the take off point.

This could have easily been the reason for over flying the take off point, I took off from fine gravel, it wanted to land in a concrete sealed off area so had to cancel the landing and bring it back to where I could retrieve it.

I don’t plan on making a habit of it, it was the first time I’ve used it as wanted to see how accurate it is and due to actually having the phone turned up so I heard it say the home point had been updated, temptation set in to test :joy: Every flight before that one has been manually landed just so I can keep an eye on the surroundings and not have to listen to the annoying beeping noise. Just wanted to know if it would react right IF it was ever needed due to loss of signal, battery low etc. I think I’ll test it again with all these pointers but once I’m happy with how it is, I’ll end up ignoring it as much as possible.

Easy test, send it out a mile*, turn off the controller and watch it come back.

*Metaphorical mile

2 Likes

Either that or watch it fly away :rofl:

PzQvWAhgfUipW

Either way press record on the camera. :smirk:

2 Likes

Haha I’d be the unlucky one that watches it fly away or falls out of the sky :joy: just have to learn to trust it more

1 Like