Mavic Air bad camera?

Those pics were taken at just over 20cm!
I guess knowing precisely what one crashed into could be useful? Haha!

1 Like

I’ve now come across a number of other people with the same issue and I guess whether you notice it or not very much depends upon what you are filming.

Look at this screen capture from a YouTube video talking about the best Air camera settings - looking specifically towards the centre of the horizon you will notice it is wavy… Or you might not notice, but if that was a close up of a roof line or something else that was supposed to be straight you would :slight_smile:

So a slight update on this issue… raw pictures do not show the warping, or camel back as it is becoming known os it is likely just a software issue that can be resolved in a future update (no idea when though) which is fab news!

3 Likes

Did you take a raw of the squared paper?

Sadly not but I did of a roof line that is wavy on the JPG and fine in the RAW. The Airs gone back now so I can test any more.

1 Like

You want to get a builder in to sort out that lintel, mate!:smile:

1 Like

@Jcborden @OzoneVibe
Well sent more info and videos back to DJI as per there request. They are passing the info higher up the chain.
I have tested 1080p upto 4K and still have camel back issues. Centre frame is ok, just the top third.
Anyway I will let you know what they do, its the 2nd camel issue replacement so far, and my third Air in total
B

1 Like