Mavic mini crash - i dont know why can someone help me understand

Data upload could you have a look pls

I’m no expert in this stuff, but your drone seems to spend alot of time in negative altitude. If you were that close to the ground I would imagine that the drone might be thinking that you want to land. There is something about the battery that causes the readout to change from black (which I assume is “Normal”) to amber - but I don’t know if that’s important. I was wondering if you were remembering to keep the controller aerials pointed in the general direction of the drone whilst flying?

Sorry, that’s all I saw that made me suspicious.

If it were me I would try a couple of test flights on flat ground and keep the minimum height to something like 10ft and the max height to no more than 50ft. See how the drone behaves.

Does the mini have an autoland feature at a certain set voltage (instead of a Return to home)?

Have you calibrated your drone

1 Like

Thats the plan for today. Thanks for thoughts

Negative altertude as i was flying slightly below take off point. 54% as second flight of day. Didnt think start @ 54% would make a difference.

I have when i bought and twice since when requestd by drone. Only compass cal called for post intial set-up

Do you have the AirData link?

I downloaded log from Phantomhelp and created my own Airdata upload … where you get a lot more info.

Amongst that additional data are some error notifications.

5 Likes

Hmmmm ……

There’s a lot of posts on DJI Forum. First one

Looks like warranty time.

3 Likes

In a situation where this was the fault and the drone took a dip in water, unrecoverable, would DJI cover it under warranty (Not refreshe)?

If a warranty valid fault causes it to take a dip, then I would say yes, they should.

Interesting reply:

“Mine only seems to occur when setting a RTH”

I wonder if that could maybe point to a possible firmware fix rather than hardware?

[edit]
ahh…

“Have you guys updated the firmware on your batteries? I had heard the recent update was to fix this issue”

1 Like

Are u suggesting opening a case with DJI?

1 Like

All batterys updated as well as everything else.

Yeah, just reading further down in that thread and somebody else says they had it after the update, but fixed it by rolling back the latest firmware and reapplying it.

I’d go with what Dave is suggesting and log it with DJI for sure.

You probably need to do a load of Googling and reading for “Mavic Mini Not Enough Force / ESC Error” and see what you can find out, and then decide what to do.

From just the couple of posts that I read, and the number/frequency of the error message, I’d think that would be the way to go.

Were there no messages in the app of a similar wording?

Another possible cause: just read on YT that the esc issue was due to the tape manufactures use to secure props for despatch, because the props are so thin the tape is strong it has deformed them, in all cases changing props solved issue, that many variants on possible cause guess we will need to wait for DJI to respond, thinking of grounding mine until sorted.

3 Likes

Also - if you find on any other forums that someone has successfully had their MM replaced for this reason … tap them up for all the info they used to make their case. :+1:

3 Likes

I did one or two however it wasnt on constant nor did it ask me to land. Ticket raised with DJI i will post the outcome

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, never had issue before last update ill await DJI responce and let you know