Mavic mini crash - i dont know why can someone help me understand

How old is it and where did you buy it from?.

I don’t buy into all this shit about dealing with the manufacturers, your contract (of sale) is with the retailer.

I’d get hold of them too, remind them of their obligations under the sale of goods act.

2 Likes

@milkmanchris bought from heliguys, sent an email yesterday and waiting a reply. I have refresh with them instead of DJI

FYI @JoeC the problem’s have occurred since the update

1 Like

Yes, I saw you’d mentioned that earlier… hopefully either Heliguy or DJI will sort you out with a straightforward fix. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Don’t cash in any refresh or insurance policy (or anything) else if this is a warranty issue.

2 Likes

Guys at heliguy seem a decent bunch, They’d be my main cause, a voice on the phone is better than an email ping pong.

It shouldn’t be throwing up errors like that in normal flight.

Thanks for all the help and will keep you in loop on how i get on. Going to try both Heliguys and DJI. Hopefully will get the right result rather a reason and a fix or a replacement. Watch this space…

Doesn’t seem to be any damage just mud and was a little bit damp, it was just past and i mean just sat on some marsh land (so a nice soft damp landing). All around the the area was like a wet marsh and i got mud to the knees in the rescue.

2 Likes

If i remember correct . Flying close to water you turn off the bottom sensors as not to confuse it …

1 Like

Hello guys, confirm by DJI warrenty issue, free repair on return. Comfirmed today. No real reason just it a warrenty issue. I did ask

Heliguys were great also acting as a middleman to support.

Thanks for all ur support

5 Likes

Great result!

A little worrying for other MM people …. and for you with the next one. Google returns so many reports of that issue with the MM.

I’d suggest that, until you’re confident that it has no issues, you upload every log to AirData and check for that (and any other) message.

Hope it goes well and you don’t have any more issues! :+1:

Thanks, hopefully its a flaw that has been sorted by DJI properly. If i recieve further info on issue i will share will the group.

DJI to be fair have be really good will a quick turn around to this point lets see how long it takes to get the back to DJI and returned

1 Like

Good Luck with this! :crossed_fingers:

Do you need to return the drone to DJI? Or to Heliguy?

I fear if you return to DJI they’ll send you a refurb back :confused:

Interesting they offered to replace so easily. Did you send DJI any flight logs? (apologies if that’s already been mentioned above)

2 Likes

Hmm, it is because they do normally request flight logs, before they decide on what the best way to proceed is.

They did ask for me to sync all flight logs in the app to analyse. I have to send it DJI I guess it my be refurb or they may just carry out the fixes on mine. I wonder if i get an answer to what was wrong we will see…

1 Like

If they do, let us know???

Superb! Makes me feel more comfortable knowing warranty issues can be proven so easily. IF you can recover the drone? I know the DJI Refresh excludes cases of no drone retrieval, but what about warranty?

This is the norm with DJI. A similar tactic that Ford used with their Pinto when it would explode if shunted in the rear. Before Ford were exposed they deemed it more financially viable to pay the families of victims compensation, as and when the accidents happened, than to do a recall to reposition the fuel tank.

When many Spark owners experienced the “Low GPS” followed by “Compass Error” followed by “Yaw Error” followed by “Bye Bye”, DJI would replace the drone after receiving the flight logs. DJI at no point gave out any information as to why users were experiencing these problems. Hence why I usually fly my Spark with the GPS and Compass decisions disabled.

Regards

Nidge.

1 Like